Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Keeping a small tree upright while repotting?

I need to repot a small, living Christmas tree. I have repotted it
before and I had trouble keeping it upright and centered in the pot.
I need it to be upright and centered in the pot so that it will not
blow over when the wind blows.

Is there a trick for doing this? Thank you in advance for all
replies.
--
When I am in the kitchen, I often kick one of my cat's balls.
After I kick it, he will sometimes play with it for a few
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jun 2, 3:13*pm, Daniel Prince wrote:
I need to repot a small, living Christmas tree. *I have repotted it
before and I had trouble keeping it upright and centered in the pot.
I need it to be upright and centered in the pot so that it will not
blow over when the wind blows.

Is there a trick for doing this? *Thank you in advance for all
replies.

Put the root ball on a piece of burlap laying flat on the ground, pick
up the four corners of the burlap and lower the whole thing into the
pot. Two people holding the corners will be able to keep the tree
upright by raising or lowering a particular corner and bracing the
tree branches with their shoulders.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Daniel Prince wrote the following:
I need to repot a small, living Christmas tree. I have repotted it
before and I had trouble keeping it upright and centered in the pot.
I need it to be upright and centered in the pot so that it will not
blow over when the wind blows.

Is there a trick for doing this? Thank you in advance for all
replies.

Is this going to be on the ground, or on a patio?
If on the ground, dig a hole to accept the whole pot. That way the tree
will stand as if it was directly planted in the ground. It will probably
look better anyway.

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jun 2, 2:13*pm, Daniel Prince wrote:
I need to repot a small, living Christmas tree. *I have repotted it
before and I had trouble keeping it upright and centered in the pot.
I need it to be upright and centered in the pot so that it will not
blow over when the wind blows.

Is there a trick for doing this? *Thank you in advance for all
replies.
--
When I am in the kitchen, I often kick one of my cat's balls.
After I kick it, he will sometimes play with it for a few
seconds to several minutes. *His favorite are the ones that
rattle. *He'll play with any ball that makes noise.

Get a neighbor to hold the tree while you put the dirt in and water it.
Posted to alt.home.repair

In article ,
Daniel Prince wrote:

I need it to be upright and centered in the pot so that it will not
blow over when the wind blows.

Being upright and centered in the pot may please your aesthetic
sensibilities, but the tree doesn't care, and neither does the wind.
It'll blow over anyway.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jun 2, 12:13*pm, Daniel Prince wrote:
I need to repot a small, living Christmas tree. *I have repotted it
before and I had trouble keeping it upright and centered in the pot.
I need it to be upright and centered in the pot so that it will not
blow over when the wind blows.

Is there a trick for doing this? *Thank you in advance for all
replies.
--
When I am in the kitchen, I often kick one of my cat's balls.

You have been reported to the SPCA and the Humane Society. Just
because he's only a poor little animal...!

After I kick it, he will sometimes play with it for a few
seconds to several minutes.

Humans play with theirs much longer!

*His favorite are the ones that rattle.

Get him to the vet! Sounds like a serious medical condition.

*He'll play with any ball that makes noise.

Squishy noise, or...?

HB

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Daniel Prince" wrote in message

I need to repot a small, living Christmas tree. I have repotted it
before and I had trouble keeping it upright and centered in the pot.
I need it to be upright and centered in the pot so that it will not
blow over when the wind blows.

Is there a trick for doing this? Thank you in advance for all
replies.

Construct in advance a tripod 10 pct. taller than the tree
(and accurate or symmetrical.) This will help you locate
the treetop accurately in space when settling it into the pot.

--
Don Phillipson
Carlsbad Springs

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 6/2/2011 3:13 PM, Daniel Prince wrote:
I need to repot a small, living Christmas tree. I have repotted it
before and I had trouble keeping it upright and centered in the pot.
I need it to be upright and centered in the pot so that it will not
blow over when the wind blows.

Is there a trick for doing this? Thank you in advance for all
replies.

I don't quite understand...does the pot blow over, or does the tree come
loose from the pot? Either way, the pot is probably too small. Either
put it into larger pot or put it into the ground. A tomato cage or a
simple stake will help support it whether in a pot or in the ground.
Use something soft and flexible, like old nylon hosiery, to tie it to
supports.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jun 2, 2:13*pm, Daniel Prince wrote:
I need to repot a small, living Christmas tree. *I have repotted it
before and I had trouble keeping it upright and centered in the pot.
I need it to be upright and centered in the pot so that it will not
blow over when the wind blows.

Is there a trick for doing this? *Thank you in advance for all
replies.
--
When I am in the kitchen, I often kick one of my cat's balls.
After I kick it, he will sometimes play with it for a few
seconds to several minutes. *His favorite are the ones that
rattle. *He'll play with any ball that makes noise.

it blows over when you pot it or later?? if later pot is to small and
the tree should be tied to something
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jun 2, 3:13*pm, Daniel Prince wrote:
I need to repot a small, living Christmas tree. *I have repotted it
before and I had trouble keeping it upright and centered in the pot.
I need it to be upright and centered in the pot so that it will not
blow over when the wind blows.

Is there a trick for doing this? *Thank you in advance for all
replies.

Yeah, it's real difficult:

Have a helper hold the tree upright and centered while you fill the
pot.