Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT-Generator Transfer Switch - I wonder if their bosses know

Wife and I have been doing some comparison shopping for a Reliance
Generator Transfer Switch recently. We have pretty much settled on
the unit; and Amazon looks like the source.

Bit, in three stores including Home Depot, Lowes and a chain retail
store, which DID HAVE the same or similar transfer switches; sales
clerks have steered us away from the "overly expensive" transfer
switch. Instead they have promoted the sale of dryer plugs, or direct
wired plugs, wire and a circuit breaker that backfeeds the house
system.

Illegal, dangerous and a considerably smaller sale than the $250
transfer switch they have on the shelf.

Go Figure! This is the stuff that attorneys dream of.

RonB