Posted to alt.home.repair
Steve Barker[_6_] Steve Barker[_6_] is offline

Default OT-Generator Transfer Switch - I wonder if their bosses know

On 5/20/2011 10:06 PM, RonB wrote:
Wife and I have been doing some comparison shopping for a Reliance
Generator Transfer Switch recently. We have pretty much settled on
the unit; and Amazon looks like the source.

Bit, in three stores including Home Depot, Lowes and a chain retail
store, which DID HAVE the same or similar transfer switches; sales
clerks have steered us away from the "overly expensive" transfer
switch. Instead they have promoted the sale of dryer plugs, or direct
wired plugs, wire and a circuit breaker that backfeeds the house
system.

Illegal, dangerous and a considerably smaller sale than the $250
transfer switch they have on the shelf.

Go Figure! This is the stuff that attorneys dream of.

RonB

That's the way mine gets hooked up. Turn the main off, back feed the
system. When the yard light comes on, the power is on.

--
Steve Barker