Posted to alt.home.repair

Default a case for safety

On May 21, 9:18*pm, "
wrote:
On Sat, 21 May 2011 16:59:26 -0700 (PDT), DerbyDad03
wrote:

On May 21, 10:41*am, "
wrote:
On Sat, 21 May 2011 07:28:11 -0700 (PDT), DerbyDad03
wrote:

On May 21, 12:58*am, "
wrote:
On Fri, 20 May 2011 18:40:58 -0700 (PDT), DerbyDad03
wrote:

On May 20, 8:43*pm, "
wrote:
On Thu, 19 May 2011 11:17:18 -0700 (PDT), DerbyDad03
wrote:

On May 19, 9:48*am, Edward Reid
wrote:
On Wed, 18 May 2011 05:30:24 -0700 (PDT), bob haller
wrote:

primecell.com will rebuild those dewalt power packs with cells better
than new,,,

I've looked at them in the past and decided it didn't make sense for
this drill. I've forgotten the details. It's probably DeWalt's low-end
cordless drill, so the better replacement batteries from Primecell
would cost almost as much as the drill.

Plus my pattern of use doesn't fit a cordless tool very well: I'll go
for months without using it and then use it a few times, but when I
need it, I want it now. So either it's not charged and I can't use it,
or I leave it on the charger and the battery goes bad.

The NiCad replacement batteries from Primecell might be worth the
price, but would probably go bad like the originals. The NiMH
replacements, I don't know if they would last longer with this usage
pattern, but that's where it gets into more than the cost of the
drill.

Maybe when lithium ion batteries come down in price I'll feel better
about cordless tools.

Edward

I have a Dewalt cordless drill and circular saw - but the drill gets
far more use.

I also one of these:

http://www.amazon.com/DEWALT-DC011-C...-Pod-Style/dp/...

I've got one of those. *It's a pretty **** poor radio but works OK with an MP3
player.

I randomly switch the batteries between the drill and the radio and
typically use the radio/charger unplugged, plugging it in when I'm
done or if the sound quality degrades, indicating battery weakness.

I've been doing this for years and can't remember a time when I didn't
have a fully charged battery when I needed one.

Not sure why your radio is **** poor. I've never had a problem with
mine. A couple of my friends have the same model and one has a newer
model. I've never heard a compliant from any of them either.

The ratings for the thing are in the toilet, too. *The AM section is junk and
the FM isn't much better. *It doesn't even pick up local FM stations. *I
certainly wouldn't replace it if it went west. *The Bosch has a better rep but
it's almost twice the price.

All I can say is that I haven't experienced the issues you describe.

I bring the radio to lots of volunteer functions that I'm involved in,
both inside and out, and typically supply the tunes (or football game
coverage) while we're working.

Others seem to agree with me:

http://www.amazon.com/DEWALT-DC011-C...-Pod-Style/pro....

It's sounds as if you haven't tested the Bosch side-by-side with the
Dewalt. It might be interesting to see if it's a location issue vs. a
equipment issue.

I haven't but others have and report it to be far better (just how difficult
is it to design a frappin' radio these days). *I just don't think the function
is worth close to $200. *I'll use the crappy DeWalt, even though it won't
remember its presets or even what station it's on. *As I said, it works OK for
MP3s.- Hide quoted text -

If it won't remember the pre-sets then I'd suggest changing the
batteries found under the little cover with the 2 screws inside where
you plug in your cordless tool battery. I'm not near my radio, but I
think you need 2 AA batteries.

It won't remember presets with the thing plugged in.

The symptoms you describe sound like the problem is with *your* radio,
not the model itself. The only time I lose my presets is when the
"internal" batteries die.

The radio sucks. *Even if the presets worked, the radio is junk. *Did you read
the Amazon feedback? *I'm not the only one with a low opinion of the DeWalt
radio.

Well, I'm sorry that you're unhappy with your radio.

I have no complaints about mine, nor have I heard any of my friends
who have the same model complain.

Reception is fine, presets hold, clock works. If it ever breaks, I'll
probably get another one.

Obviously, our mileage has varied.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 21 May 2011 19:10:06 -0700 (PDT), DerbyDad03
wrote:

On May 21, 9:18*pm, "
wrote:
On Sat, 21 May 2011 16:59:26 -0700 (PDT), DerbyDad03
wrote:

On May 21, 10:41*am, "
wrote:
On Sat, 21 May 2011 07:28:11 -0700 (PDT), DerbyDad03
wrote:

On May 21, 12:58*am, "
wrote:
On Fri, 20 May 2011 18:40:58 -0700 (PDT), DerbyDad03
wrote:

On May 20, 8:43*pm, "
wrote:
On Thu, 19 May 2011 11:17:18 -0700 (PDT), DerbyDad03
wrote:

wrote:

[...]

I'm not happy with it. I only responded to the posts saying that it was a
decent radio. It's not.

I have no complaints about mine, nor have I heard any of my friends
who have the same model complain.

Reception is fine, presets hold, clock works. If it ever breaks, I'll
probably get another one.

You can *have* mine. The radio is ****.

Obviously, our mileage has varied.

Obviously, you have no idea what a decent radio is.
Posted to alt.home.repair

In article
,
DerbyDad03 wrote:

That's an old carny trick...asking the mark for info that could lead
you to an answer.

What would be *your* idea of "close enough"?

Look, just from what I remember without digging, you've been in the same
house for at least 20 years, your kids are grown but not out of the
house, and you're old enough to remember black and white test patterns.
All I originally postulated was that that should make you old enough
that you (and Steve B and the rest of us) have better things to do with
the years left than soak warped fan blades and then weigh them down with
bricks and put them in an oven. You said I had "no idea" how old you are.

To answer your question directly, I'd say plus or minus 5 would be good,
and plus or minus 10 would qualify me as having "some idea" of your age.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On May 22, 12:14*am, "
wrote:
On Sat, 21 May 2011 19:10:06 -0700 (PDT), DerbyDad03
wrote:

On May 21, 9:18*pm, "
wrote:
On Sat, 21 May 2011 16:59:26 -0700 (PDT), DerbyDad03
wrote:

On May 21, 10:41*am, "
wrote:
On Sat, 21 May 2011 07:28:11 -0700 (PDT), DerbyDad03
wrote:

On May 21, 12:58*am, "
wrote:
On Fri, 20 May 2011 18:40:58 -0700 (PDT), DerbyDad03
wrote:

On May 20, 8:43*pm, "
wrote:
On Thu, 19 May 2011 11:17:18 -0700 (PDT), DerbyDad03
wrote:

wrote:

[...]

YOU ARE IN THE SAME BOAT DUMMY, YOU BOUGHT ONE TOO.
**** FOR BRAINS...FLUSHHHH !
BOOWAHAHAHAHAHAHA !
TGITM