Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Solar Electric Systems, Entry-Level

On 5/16/2011 11:56 AM, wrote:
On May 16, 12:09 pm, wrote:

Actually wiring the things up is childs play. There will obviously be
paperwork if you want to export power to the grid (assuming it is a
grid tie system.)

It isn't childs play to wire up a residential PV system. Does a child
know the NEC? And 99% of them are connected to and require
the grid to work, so that's almost a given. It's re;atively rare to
see a true off-grid system and I'll bet Jim's isn't one of them.
So much for your knowledge on the subject.

As for paperwork, that's involved without regard to whether it's
hooked up to the grid or not. Ever here of a building permit?

heh I'll bet you wish you could do that over.

That's what is required here for any PV system. And there
damn well sure is a mountain of paperwork to get the various
rebates, tax breaks, etc that make them viable.

Sizing the wiring and equipment is perfectly straightforward.

It's a lot more than sizing. An example being, what kind of
conductors
are allowed on a hot roof, or underground to connect panels to the
house? Do they have to be in conduit? How deep do they have to be
buried? Think a child knows that? Or that a guy with no electrical
experience can figure that out in an hour as you claimed? You
really are a joke and posts like this should warn everyone that
you're a complete moron.

The instructions that come in the boxes enable anyone with a little
knowledge to do the job- Hide quoted text -

Once again, you;ve demonstrated that you really are the village
idiot. Do you just enjoy making an ass out of yourself and
getting bitch slapped right and left?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On May 16, 2:19*pm, JimT wrote:
On 5/16/2011 11:56 AM, wrote:

On May 16, 12:09 pm, *wrote:

Actually wiring the things up is childs play. *There will obviously be
paperwork if you want to export power to the grid *(assuming it is a
grid tie system.)

It isn't childs play to wire up a residential PV system. *Does a child
know the NEC? * And 99% of them are connected to and require
* the grid to work, so that's almost a given. *It's re;atively rare to
see a true off-grid system and I'll bet Jim's isn't one of them.
So much for your knowledge on the subject.

As for paperwork, that's involved without regard to whether it's
hooked up to the grid or not. *Ever here of a building permit?

heh I'll bet you wish you could do that over.

Who are you directing that comment towards?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On May 16, 7:19*pm, JimT wrote:
On 5/16/2011 11:56 AM, wrote:

On May 16, 12:09 pm, *wrote:

[...]

getting bitch slapped right and left?- Hide quoted text -

Not required in the UK. Ever read the postings?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On May 16, 9:00*pm, JimT wrote:
On 5/16/2011 2:19 PM, wrote:

On May 16, 2:19 pm, *wrote:
On 5/16/2011 11:56 AM, wrote:

On May 16, 12:09 pm, * *wrote:
Actually wiring the things up is childs play. *There will obviously be
paperwork if you want to export power to the grid *(assuming it is a
grid tie system.)
It isn't childs play to wire up a residential PV system. *Does a child
know the NEC? * And 99% of them are connected to and require
* *the grid to work, so that's almost a given. *It's re;atively rare to
see a true off-grid system and I'll bet Jim's isn't one of them.
So much for your knowledge on the subject.
As for paperwork, that's involved without regard to whether it's
hooked up to the grid or not. *Ever here of a building permit?
heh *I'll bet you wish you could do that over.

Who are you directing that comment towards?

I guess not.

I always think it's funny when someone calls someone a moron and uses
poor English.

Jim- Hide quoted text -

I am English. Anything I say is therefore English.

Solar Electric Systems, Entry-Level JimT[_2_] Home Repair 21 May 18th 11 08:39 AM
Solar Electric Systems, Entry-Level [email protected][_2_] Home Repair 0 May 16th 11 05:56 PM
Solar Electric Systems, Entry-Level harry Home Repair 0 May 16th 11 05:09 PM
entry-level jigsaw bob UK diy 17 May 16th 06 10:36 AM
entry level CAD program? Brian Metalworking 14 February 19th 04 01:49 AM