Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Offsite records for when your home is blown away

==from another list===
Oh, you are so right about the critical records. I
read that to get into the town, you must have proof
that you live there or own a house there. Many
people who got out after the tornado were being
refused to come back in without a valid drivers'
license or other document proving they were a
resident there. I thought that was interesting.
Apparently they have had some problems with
looters. I wondered about women who lost their
purses and thought that many people would have
difficulty finding any other kinds of records proving
they lived there such as copies of home insurance,
mortgage bills, etc.... Their cars were blown away,
so they couldn't find anything in their cars. It would
pretty much have to be on them.
===end quoted===

===Chris writes===
You know, that gets me to thinking. I really should
have copies of my various bills, records, drivers
license, etc. Have photo copies, or maybe the expired
cards stored off site. The challenge, is to find a place
I can store them which is
1) understands survivalism
2) Honorable, and won't do ID theft and so on
3) far enough away, to be out of a localized crisis
4) near enough to be accessable

Of course, I could scan the documents to PDF, and
then encrypt the digital copies some how. Winrar
with password perhaps.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus