Posted to alt.home.repair

Default "Grass USA" Drawer Slides??

Hi all,

Hoping that someone can help, and tell me the part number for a "Grass
USA" drawer slide, that I need a replacement for. The front wheel on
mine broke off last night, and I am having a hard time trying to find
the product number of this part.

At first I thought it was a "Blum" drawer slide, but I read that "Blum"
has their name "Blum" stamped on there, along with the product number.
My drawer slider only had a "G" on there, that looked like this: G*.
After searching the internet, I found out that it was made by a company
called "Grass USA".

There is NO numbers of any kind on this thing at all. And all the ones I
have seen for sale all look different then mine, with the screw hole in
the wrong place.

I found a pic from a guy, who has one exactly like mine, as he was
looking for the back bracket. Notice in the pic how there are 2 screw
holes, 1 on each side of the wheel, this is what I need. My brackets
have a 1 screw hole to the left of the wheel, and 1 screw hole to the
right of the wheel.

Here is a pic of what my slider looks like:

http://www.swisco.com/images/pictures/2011/04/796.jpg

Does anyone know what part number this one is, and where I can find a
replacement??

Thanks!

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Apr 7, 5:38*pm, (MICHELLE H.) wrote:
[...]

You can talk with these people
http://www.cabinetparts.com/f/drawer-slides/
Posted to alt.home.repair

In article ,
(MICHELLE H.) wrote:

http://www.swisco.com/images/pictures/2011/04/796.jpg

Your pictures are not worth 1000 words. Too small, unlabeled, etc. I
can't tell what's broken. This might be a thing where you need to modify
and adapt. Is the wheel detached, or is the piece that holds the wheel
broken into pieces? Fitting a new loose wheel (readily available) or
modifying a similar bracket to make it work in your situation are
options.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default "Grass USA" Drawer Slides?? ( Smitty )

Yes. the wheel completely broke off, and when the wheel broke off, it
failed to stop the drawer from coming all the way out, and so the metal
track/rail that the drawer fits into bent as well.

Posted to alt.home.repair

The thing is, even if I find a new wheel, the original wheel which
snapped off, was soldered in place. I don't have any soldering tools, to
solder it in place?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 4/9/2011 11:35 AM, MICHELLE H. wrote:
The thing is, even if I find a new wheel, the original wheel which
snapped off, was soldered in place. I don't have any soldering tools, to
solder it in place?

For Gawds sake, get a new slide and quit whining.

I need a wheel, but I can not install the wheel. I would say there is
one chance in a few million that it is soldered on, likely welded or
pressed in. Hmm? Maybe get the wheel and hire a welder to weld it on?
That would be cheap, right?

Get a new slide.
Posted to alt.home.repair

In article ,
Tony Miklos wrote:

On 4/9/2011 11:35 AM, MICHELLE H. wrote:
The thing is, even if I find a new wheel, the original wheel which
snapped off, was soldered in place. I don't have any soldering tools, to
solder it in place?

For Gawds sake, get a new slide and quit whining.

I need a wheel, but I can not install the wheel. I would say there is
one chance in a few million that it is soldered on, likely welded or
pressed in. Hmm? Maybe get the wheel and hire a welder to weld it on?
That would be cheap, right?

Get a new slide.

Uh, you haven't been following the thread, have you, Tony? Her original
post sez she's been unable to source a matching slide, that's why I
suggested she fix what she has.
Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

On 4/9/2011 10:35 AM, MICHELLE H. wrote:
The thing is, even if I find a new wheel, the original wheel which
snapped off, was soldered in place. I don't have any soldering tools, to
solder it in place?

Those are a very generic, inexpensive roller slide.

Take the one you've got to local building supply/big box/hardware store
and pick the closest pair they've got and replace the pair on that
drawer. In a week you'll not even remember they're not quite the same.

Be surprised if they're more than $5-7 the pair...

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 4/9/2011 12:28 PM, Smitty Two wrote:
In ,
Tony wrote:

On 4/9/2011 11:35 AM, MICHELLE H. wrote:
The thing is, even if I find a new wheel, the original wheel which
snapped off, was soldered in place. I don't have any soldering tools, to
solder it in place?

For Gawds sake, get a new slide and quit whining.

I need a wheel, but I can not install the wheel. I would say there is
one chance in a few million that it is soldered on, likely welded or
pressed in. Hmm? Maybe get the wheel and hire a welder to weld it on?
That would be cheap, right?

Get a new slide.

Uh, you haven't been following the thread, have you, Tony? Her original
post sez she's been unable to source a matching slide, that's why I
suggested she fix what she has.

She can't find the one half of a replacement slide to fit in what she
has or she can't find an all new set new slides that will work?
Posted to alt.home.repair

Tony wrote:

On 4/9/2011 11:35 AM, MICHELLE H. wrote:
The thing is, even if I find a new wheel, the original wheel which
snapped off, was soldered in place. I don't have any soldering tools, to
solder it in place?

For Gawds sake, get a new slide and quit whining.

I need a wheel, but I can not install the wheel. I would say there is
one chance in a few million that it is soldered on, likely welded or
pressed in. Hmm? Maybe get the wheel and hire a welder to weld it on?
That would be cheap, right?

Get a new slide.

Uh, you haven't been following the thread, have you, Tony? Her original
post sez she's been unable to source a matching slide, that's why I
suggested she fix what she has.

She can't find the one half of a replacement slide to fit in what she
has or she can't find an all new set new slides that will work?

The former. I'm not sure she has the skill set to mount a new set of
slides that don't have the same screw hole pattern, etc.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 4/9/2011 1:58 PM, Smitty Two wrote:

Tony wrote:

[...]

Then it's time to give up and get the help she needs.