Posted to alt.home.repair
Smitty Two Smitty Two is offline

Default "Grass USA" Drawer Slides??

In article ,
Tony Miklos wrote:

On 4/9/2011 12:28 PM, Smitty Two wrote:
In ,
Tony wrote:

On 4/9/2011 11:35 AM, MICHELLE H. wrote:
The thing is, even if I find a new wheel, the original wheel which
snapped off, was soldered in place. I don't have any soldering tools, to
solder it in place?

For Gawds sake, get a new slide and quit whining.

I need a wheel, but I can not install the wheel. I would say there is
one chance in a few million that it is soldered on, likely welded or
pressed in. Hmm? Maybe get the wheel and hire a welder to weld it on?
That would be cheap, right?

Get a new slide.

Uh, you haven't been following the thread, have you, Tony? Her original
post sez she's been unable to source a matching slide, that's why I
suggested she fix what she has.

She can't find the one half of a replacement slide to fit in what she
has or she can't find an all new set new slides that will work?

The former. I'm not sure she has the skill set to mount a new set of
slides that don't have the same screw hole pattern, etc.