Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Air Conditioner Unit for Mobile Home

Hi,

Im looking for a Grandair or Goodman package unit air conditioner for
my 28X80 mobile home. Looking to buy one online and have my brother, a
contractor install it. Any advice is appreciated.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mar 29, 1:49*am, Jerome Kurchel wrote:
Hi,

Im looking for a Grandair or Goodman package unit air conditioner for
my 28X80 mobile home. Looking to buy one online and have my brother, a
contractor install it. Any advice is appreciated.

If your brother is a contractor he can probably get a better price
locally. A lot of those internet places take advantage of the fact
that a homeowner can't even get a system price out of a local hvac
supplier. Most hvac contractors charge the customer more for the
system than they paid plus charge for installation. On top of the
premium price the internet places also charge a couple hundred for
shipping.

Or search crais list for a used but not real old one. Package units
such as are normally found on mobile homes are a lot easier to
uninstall.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2011-03-29 07:56:27 -0400, jamesgangnc said:

On Mar 29, 1:49*am, Jerome Kurchel wrote:
Hi,

Im looking for a Grandair or Goodman package unit air conditioner for
my 28X80 mobile home. Looking to buy one online and have my brother, a
contractor install it. Any advice is appreciated.

If your brother is a contractor he can probably get a better price
locally. A lot of those internet places take advantage of the fact
that a homeowner can't even get a system price out of a local hvac
supplier. Most hvac contractors charge the customer more for the
system than they paid plus charge for installation. On top of the
premium price the internet places also charge a couple hundred for
shipping.

Or search crais list for a used but not real old one. Package units
such as are normally found on mobile homes are a lot easier to
uninstall.

Thanks, I'll check it out. We live in the middle of nowhere so its
toucgh getting someone out here to gimme an estimate.

I appreciate your help

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2011-03-29 01:49:43 -0400, Jerome Kurchel said:

Hi,

Im looking for a Grandair or Goodman package unit air conditioner for
my 28X80 mobile home. Looking to buy one online and have my brother, a
contractor install it. Any advice is appreciated.

Hey J,

Here's a link to a Goodman package unit and I think I saw some
Grandaire units on there too. You looking for a self contained heat
pump? The other guy answering you said internet charges for shipping
but this company says they ship for free anywhere. Check er out:

http://www.acoverstock.com/complete-...age-units.html

There's

a couple 14 seer heat pump units on there you might still be able to
get a tax rebate on. Although the big rebate expired and Obama lowered
it to $300 instead of $1500. Oh well, take what you can while you can!

Good luck in your search.

Ricky Levitz
"Repairman Extraordinaire"
Monroe County

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2011-03-29 07:56:27 -0400, jamesgangnc said:

[...]

J- Hide quoted text -

If you're out in the middle of the country you might find a local
distributor that's a little more friendly and willing to sell you a
system. I've noticed they don't seem to get so worked up about a
homeowner installing their own stuff in rural areas as they do in the
cities. I think the rural communities are more adjusted to the idea
that you might want to do your own work. Sometimes the local farm
supply places can order them too so that's another place to check.
There was a place I used to get them from near my lake house at the va/
nc border. They didn't ask too many questions if you had money. They
went out of business in the crash though. The local distributors here
in Raleigh won't sell me a system. They will sell me parts. NC has a
specifc hvac contractors license so it varies from state to state. I
don't have the hvac contractor license but I do have the refrigerant
license so at least I can buy refrigerant. Beauty of package units is
you don't have to mess with the refrigerant lines.
Posted to alt.home.repair

I advise you to have your brother the contractor buy the
unit. Surely, he knows where to get such equipment.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Jerome Kurchel" wrote in
message news:201103290149438930-asdlv333@cresenttoolscom...
Hi,

Im looking for a Grandair or Goodman package unit air
conditioner for
my 28X80 mobile home. Looking to buy one online and have my
brother, a
contractor install it. Any advice is appreciated.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Unless the compressor is burnt out, it may be cheaper to
repair the unit you have.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Jerome Kurchel"
wrote in message

Thanks, I'll check it out. We live in the middle of nowhere
so its
toucgh getting someone out here to gimme an estimate.

I appreciate your help

Posted to alt.home.repair

Jerome Kurchel wrote:
Hi,

Im looking for a Grandair or Goodman package unit air conditioner for my
28X80 mobile home. Looking to buy one online and have my brother, a
contractor install it. Any advice is appreciated.

Might check with your electric company, sometimes they have some good
deals. Mine has a free energy audit and then rebates on energy
efficient upgrades.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 3/29/2011 12:49 AM, Jerome Kurchel wrote:
Hi,

Im looking for a Grandair or Goodman package unit air conditioner for my
28X80 mobile home. Looking to buy one online and have my brother, a
contractor install it. Any advice is appreciated.

advice? Look into something besides Goodman.

--
Steve Barker

Posted to alt.home.repair

Hi,

http://www.acoverstock.com/complete-...stems/resident...

There's

a couple 14 seer heat pump units on there you might still be able to
get a tax rebate on. Although the big rebate expired and Obama lowered
it to $300 instead of $1500. Oh well, take what you can while you can!

Good luck in your search.

Ricky Levitz
"Repairman Extraordinaire"
Monroe County

They ship for free because they have inflated their prices a bunch.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Should be "included" not "free". No such thing as free
shipping.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"jamesgangnc"
wrote in message

They ship for free because they have inflated their prices a
bunch.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Jerome Kurchel wrote in

Hi,

Im looking for a Grandair or Goodman package unit air conditioner for
my 28X80 mobile home. Looking to buy one online and have my brother, a
contractor install it. Any advice is appreciated.

Any advice is appreciated.

Too bad you don't have a brother who knows how to install them and is a
contractor.
Posted to alt.home.repair

In article ,
Red Green wrote:

Jerome Kurchel wrote in

Hi,

Im looking for a Grandair or Goodman package unit air conditioner for
my 28X80 mobile home. Looking to buy one online and have my brother, a
contractor install it. Any advice is appreciated.

Any advice is appreciated.

Too bad you don't have a brother who knows how to install them and is a
contractor.

A claim the OP clearly did not make. For all we know, the guy is a
roofing contractor.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Smitty Two wrote in
news
In article ,
Red Green wrote:

Jerome Kurchel wrote in

Hi,

Im looking for a Grandair or Goodman package unit air conditioner
for my 28X80 mobile home. Looking to buy one online and have my
brother, a contractor install it. Any advice is appreciated.

Any advice is appreciated.

Too bad you don't have a brother who knows how to install them and is
a contractor.

A claim the OP clearly did not make. For all we know, the guy is a
roofing contractor.

You're right! I guess it's important to know he's not a hair dresser.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mar 30, 1:53*pm, Red Green wrote:
Smitty Two wrote innews

In article ,
*Red Green wrote:

Jerome Kurchel wrote in

Hi,

Im looking for a Grandair or Goodman package unit air conditioner
for my 28X80 mobile home. Looking to buy one online and have my
brother, a contractor install it. Any advice is appreciated.

Any advice is appreciated.

Too bad you don't have a brother who knows how to install them and is
a contractor.

A claim the OP clearly did not make. For all we know, the guy is a
roofing contractor.

You're right! I guess it's important to know he's not a hair dresser.- Hide quoted text -

It's not really rocket science to install a package unit. Maybe a bit
more complicated that a regular appliance but not by much.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 3/29/2011 12:49 AM, Jerome Kurchel wrote:
Hi,

Im looking for a Grandair or Goodman package unit air conditioner for my
28X80 mobile home. Looking to buy one online and have my brother, a
contractor install it. Any advice is appreciated.

Call the closest mobile home sales place, especially one who takes in
trades.