Posted to alt.home.repair
Jerome Kurchel Jerome Kurchel is offline

Default Air Conditioner Unit for Mobile Home

On 2011-03-29 07:56:27 -0400, jamesgangnc said:

On Mar 29, 1:49*am, Jerome Kurchel wrote:
Hi,

Im looking for a Grandair or Goodman package unit air conditioner for
my 28X80 mobile home. Looking to buy one online and have my brother, a
contractor install it. Any advice is appreciated.

If your brother is a contractor he can probably get a better price
locally. A lot of those internet places take advantage of the fact
that a homeowner can't even get a system price out of a local hvac
supplier. Most hvac contractors charge the customer more for the
system than they paid plus charge for installation. On top of the
premium price the internet places also charge a couple hundred for
shipping.

Or search crais list for a used but not real old one. Package units
such as are normally found on mobile homes are a lot easier to
uninstall.

Thanks, I'll check it out. We live in the middle of nowhere so its
toucgh getting someone out here to gimme an estimate.

I appreciate your help