Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Grill

I'd like to put in a little patio and grill at the rental. I've got a
mason from Matamoros on hand so I'm thinking what can I do.

Any ideas? I was thinking a cement block grill with a skim coat,
firebrick lining. But what do I know? Never built a grill before.

Jeff
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Jeff Thies" wrote in message
I'd like to put in a little patio and grill at the rental. I've got a
mason from Matamoros on hand so I'm thinking what can I do.

Any ideas? I was thinking a cement block grill with a skim coat,
firebrick lining. But what do I know? Never built a grill before.

Jeff

Start here for some inspiration.
http://www.ibiblio.org/lineback/bbq/pits.htm
My favorite is The Beast.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 3/10/2011 10:33 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

"Jeff Thies" wrote in message
I'd like to put in a little patio and grill at the rental. I've got a
mason from Matamoros on hand so I'm thinking what can I do.

Any ideas? I was thinking a cement block grill with a skim coat,
firebrick lining. But what do I know? Never built a grill before.

Jeff

Start here for some inspiration.
http://www.ibiblio.org/lineback/bbq/pits.htm
My favorite is The Beast.

Hadn't thought of a pit. I see lots of plans for smokers. Just found this:

http://bbq.netrelief.com/pits/brickp..._bbq_pit.shtml

I like the way the chimney is done.

I've been looking for cheap bricks and haven't come up with them yet.

Jeff
Posted to alt.home.repair

Jeff Thies wrote:
I'd like to put in a little patio and grill at the rental. I've got
a mason from Matamoros on hand so I'm thinking what can I do.

Any ideas? I was thinking a cement block grill with a skim coat,
firebrick lining. But what do I know? Never built a grill before.

Jeff

might just be easier to buy a cheap propane grill, take it off the stand,
and mount it in a block structure. would a renter want to use charcoal a
lot?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mar 11, 1:19*pm, "chaniarts" wrote:
Jeff Thies wrote:
* I'd like to put in a little patio and grill at the rental. I've got
a mason from Matamoros on hand so I'm thinking what can I do.

* Any ideas? I was thinking a cement block grill with a skim coat,
firebrick lining. *But what do I know? Never built a grill before.

* Jeff

might just be easier to buy a cheap propane grill, take it off the stand,
and mount it in a block structure. would a renter want to use charcoal a
lot?

add a natural gas line connector to the home and a NG gas grill, that
would attract renters

Posted to alt.home.repair

In article ,
"chaniarts" wrote:

Jeff Thies wrote:
I'd like to put in a little patio and grill at the rental. I've got
a mason from Matamoros on hand so I'm thinking what can I do.

Any ideas? I was thinking a cement block grill with a skim coat,
firebrick lining. But what do I know? Never built a grill before.

Jeff

might just be easier to buy a cheap propane grill, take it off the stand,
and mount it in a block structure. would a renter want to use charcoal a
lot?

Only renters who like the taste of food would consider charcoal. In that
regard they're no different than homeowners. I grilled on charcoal
almost every night for a year until I broke down and bought a new range.
It isn't much trouble.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 3/11/2011 5:07 PM, Smitty Two wrote:
In ,
wrote:

Jeff Thies wrote:
I'd like to put in a little patio and grill at the rental. I've got
a mason from Matamoros on hand so I'm thinking what can I do.

Any ideas? I was thinking a cement block grill with a skim coat,
firebrick lining. But what do I know? Never built a grill before.

Jeff

might just be easier to buy a cheap propane grill,

Maybe.

take it off the stand,
and mount it in a block structure. would a renter want to use charcoal a
lot?

Would a landlord want to buy propane?

Only renters who like the taste of food would consider charcoal. In that
regard they're no different than homeowners. I grilled on charcoal
almost every night for a year until I broke down and bought a new range.
It isn't much trouble.

A charcoal grill is cool, charcoal is an event. Propane is
utilitarian. What I am really doing is providing a living space away
from the house to kick back. Something that can be added on to and
landscaped and made into a cool comfortable spot. Build it and they will
come.

Tomorrow is the day. They'll mix it up in the wheelbarrow and build
it right up. Oscar acts like it is nothing to build at all, and perhaps
it isn't after you've helped lay schools and Churches.

Jeff

Elec-Tech Grill Best Grill? Keith Stelter[_2_] Home Repair 2 August 8th 19 10:44 PM
Belling Grill - grill door/hinge removal Flop UK diy 0 August 14th 07 08:26 PM
Gas grill Brian Home Repair 0 April 25th 07 05:36 AM
Best Gas Grill Roy Metalworking 34 April 16th 06 05:03 AM
Gas Grill - What to Buy Phil Home Repair 9 March 25th 05 04:59 AM