Posted to alt.home.repair
Jeff Thies Jeff Thies is offline

Default Grill

On 3/11/2011 5:07 PM, Smitty Two wrote:
In ,
wrote:

Jeff Thies wrote:
I'd like to put in a little patio and grill at the rental. I've got
a mason from Matamoros on hand so I'm thinking what can I do.

Any ideas? I was thinking a cement block grill with a skim coat,
firebrick lining. But what do I know? Never built a grill before.

Jeff

might just be easier to buy a cheap propane grill,

Maybe.

take it off the stand,
and mount it in a block structure. would a renter want to use charcoal a
lot?

Would a landlord want to buy propane?

Only renters who like the taste of food would consider charcoal. In that
regard they're no different than homeowners. I grilled on charcoal
almost every night for a year until I broke down and bought a new range.
It isn't much trouble.

A charcoal grill is cool, charcoal is an event. Propane is
utilitarian. What I am really doing is providing a living space away
from the house to kick back. Something that can be added on to and
landscaped and made into a cool comfortable spot. Build it and they will
come.

Tomorrow is the day. They'll mix it up in the wheelbarrow and build
it right up. Oscar acts like it is nothing to build at all, and perhaps
it isn't after you've helped lay schools and Churches.

Jeff