Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default What works as well as DOW scrubbing bubbles, but doesn't clog?

What works as well as DOW scrubbing bubbles, but doesn't clog?

This is my second big can of Dow scrubbing bubbles bathtub cleaner
that has clogged when almost full.

I'm not crazy about the smell and I don't always use it to clean the
bathtub.

But it does work, without scratching my enamel tub. Is there another
good cleaner that works easily that woun't clog like this does.

Or is there a good way to unclog this. I'm pretty sure I tried hard
with the last can, but I'm willing to try again, especially if you
have a suggestion. It will dribble a little out of the tube, with
the nozzle removed, but so far it doesnt' shoot like I'd expect. I
can soak the nozzle and I save old good nozzles in the basement.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 3/7/2011 3:22 AM, mm wrote:
What works as well as DOW scrubbing bubbles, but doesn't clog?

This is my second big can of Dow scrubbing bubbles bathtub cleaner
that has clogged when almost full.

I'm not crazy about the smell and I don't always use it to clean the
bathtub.

But it does work, without scratching my enamel tub. Is there another
good cleaner that works easily that woun't clog like this does.

Or is there a good way to unclog this. I'm pretty sure I tried hard
with the last can, but I'm willing to try again, especially if you
have a suggestion. It will dribble a little out of the tube, with
the nozzle removed, but so far it doesnt' shoot like I'd expect. I
can soak the nozzle and I save old good nozzles in the basement.

Just email or call Dow's customer service and tell them what happened.
They will surely send you a few coupons for free cans. Then buy some at
a different store where they have a faster turnover. Personally I store
most spray cans upside down, especially spray paint. Shake them well
and they hardly ever clog.
Posted to alt.home.repair

mm wrote:
What works as well as DOW scrubbing bubbles, but doesn't clog?

This is my second big can of Dow scrubbing bubbles bathtub cleaner
that has clogged when almost full.

I'm not crazy about the smell and I don't always use it to clean the
bathtub.

But it does work, without scratching my enamel tub. Is there another
good cleaner that works easily that woun't clog like this does.

Or is there a good way to unclog this. I'm pretty sure I tried hard
with the last can, but I'm willing to try again, especially if you
have a suggestion. It will dribble a little out of the tube, with
the nozzle removed, but so far it doesnt' shoot like I'd expect. I
can soak the nozzle and I save old good nozzles in the basement.

for what problem?

i just tried someting called ka-boom i got at home depot. no phosphorous was
on the lable, so no phosphoric acid, but it sure did work well on both soap
scum and hard water deposits. spray on, let it sit for a couple of minutes,
and scrub lightly with a brush.

Posted to alt.home.repair

In article ,
"chaniarts" wrote:

i just tried someting called ka-boom i got at home depot.

But wait. I'm still not done ...
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 3/7/2011 3:22 AM, mm wrote:
What works as well as DOW scrubbing bubbles, but doesn't clog?

This is my second big can of Dow scrubbing bubbles bathtub cleaner
that has clogged when almost full.

I'm not crazy about the smell and I don't always use it to clean the
bathtub.

But it does work, without scratching my enamel tub. Is there another
good cleaner that works easily that woun't clog like this does.

Or is there a good way to unclog this. I'm pretty sure I tried hard
with the last can, but I'm willing to try again, especially if you
have a suggestion. It will dribble a little out of the tube, with
the nozzle removed, but so far it doesnt' shoot like I'd expect. I
can soak the nozzle and I save old good nozzles in the basement.

Get the plastic jugs that you have to squeeze the trigger on, instead.
They don't foam up as dramatically as the spray cans, but after sitting
ten minutes, they work just as well. I've had trouble with the spray
cans as well. Have you tried spraying upside down to clear the nozzle
before putting back on the shelf? I suspect crap in the pipe allows the
cans to leak down. Maybe they should put a schrader valve on them to top
off the pressure.

--
aem sends...

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 3/7/2011 6:49 PM, aemeijers wrote:
On 3/7/2011 3:22 AM, mm wrote:
[...]

With spray cans that have a tube, or I can fit one on it, I hook up "air
in a can" to the can without enough pressure. It's a bit tricky with
one person but they connect together with the tube and have the canned
air upside down, then press both spray buttons. New life to a dead can!
(I haven't had one explode yet)
Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

On 3/7/2011 3:22 AM, mm wrote:
[...]

Wow. Don't you need two holes in the nozzle of the dying can?
Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

On Mon, 7 Mar 2011 12:49:04 -0700, "chaniarts"
wrote:

mm wrote:
[...]

I have Ka-boom for toilets I was disappointed that there wasn't more
of an eruption. I'll try the prudct for toilets.

And I may write SCJohnson, which I just read owns scrubbing bubbles,
and was the one who changed its name from "bathroom cleaner" to
"scrubbing bubbles".

Thanks all, for th esuggestions.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 3/7/2011 3:22 AM, mm wrote:
[...]

No, you put the "air" in through the out hole, which also unclogs it at
the same time. OK I thought about your question again, by any chance
were you thinking that I use the spray can at the same time I'm adding
air? Add air first, then spray.
Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

On 3/7/2011 3:22 AM, mm wrote:
[...]

Yes, I was.

So why does the canned air have to be upside down? Isn't it
nomrally used right-side up, so why is this different?

Add air first, then spray.

I have a can of air in the basemment, for one of those touch-up spraay
painters. Maybe I can reverse flush my bubbles like I did my car's
heater. If it's too hard to push through, I guess I won't waste any
air.

Thganks.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 3/7/2011 3:22 AM, mm wrote:
[...]

Upside down will push the air in it's liquid form so you transfer many
times more air. Just like with A/C units adding freon, sometimes they
add it as a gas and sometimes as a liquid. And for extra credit I'll
mention that an upside down can of air works darn near as good as freeze
spray.

Add air first, then spray.

I have a can of air in the basemment, for one of those touch-up spraay
painters. Maybe I can reverse flush my bubbles like I did my car's
heater. If it's too hard to push through, I guess I won't waste any
air.

Thganks.

If you do it your first try by yourself without loosing any air I'll be
impressed. Due to the pressure you have to also be pushing the tube
into the spray heads or the pressure will pop it out. I've never had
anyone help me but it would have to be a lot easier.

I wouldn't have paid for canned air but the company that makes or
distributes it called me one day and gave me a deal on a case. I forget
the price but it was cheap. I asked the woman if it comes out as a cold
boiling liquid if held upside down and she said yes. The only reason
she knew is because it has a frost bite warning. I bought it to use as
freeze spray for electronics.

Posted to alt.home.repair

mm wrote:
What works as well as DOW scrubbing bubbles, but doesn't clog?

Muriatic acid is superb for cleaning tubs.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mar 7, 12:22*am, mm wrote:
What works as well as DOW scrubbing bubbles, but doesn't clog?

This is my second big can of Dow scrubbing bubbles bathtub cleaner
that has clogged when almost full. *

I'm not crazy about the smell and I don't always use it to clean the
bathtub.

But it does work, without scratching my enamel tub. *Is there another
good cleaner that works easily that woun't clog like this does.

Or is there a good way to unclog this. *I'm pretty sure I tried hard
with the last can, but I'm willing to try again, especially if you
have a suggestion. * It will dribble a little out of the tube, with
the nozzle removed, but so far it doesnt' shoot like I'd expect. *I
can soak the nozzle and I save old good nozzles in the basement.

???? I can't believe this thread!

What's wrong with using a sponge and non-scratch cleanser? Plenty on
the market.

HB
Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

On 3/7/2011 3:22 AM, mm wrote:
[...]

Thanks.

Add air first, then spray.

I have a can of air in the basemment, for one of those touch-up spraay
painters. Maybe I can reverse flush my bubbles like I did my car's
heater. If it's too hard to push through, I guess I won't waste any
air.

Thganks.

If you do it your first try by yourself without loosing any air I'll be

I was just saying I owuldn't lose air if I the current can is too
clogged to get air in, but your'e right, I'll probably still lose
some.

impressed. Due to the pressure you have to also be pushing the tube
into the spray heads or the pressure will pop it out. I've never had
anyone help me but it would have to be a lot easier.

I wouldn't have paid for canned air but the company that makes or
distributes it called me one day and gave me a deal on a case. I forget
the price but it was cheap. I asked the woman if it comes out as a cold
boiling liquid if held upside down and she said yes. The only reason
she knew is because it has a frost bite warning. I bought it to use as
freeze spray for electronics.

I have a can of freeze spray for electronics, which I've never done
more than as a part=time hobby, but in the year after I bought it, I
didn't need it and since then I don't spend much time on little
electronic parts. I don't use the hair dryer either to heat them up,
and I bought a heat gun, mostly I guess to heat floor tiles, take out
the cracked ones and replace them with good ones from inside the
closet under boxes.

Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

On Wed, 9 Mar 2011 09:30:45 -0800 (PST), Higgs Boson
wrote:

On Mar 7, 12:22*am, mm wrote:
[...]

I have a cannister of Bon-Ami, but I'm not convinced it doesn't make
microscopic scratches. And this is easier anyhow. Sometimes all I
need is a wet rag, but that gets too much after a while.

You have a point though, because I don't like those fumes. Even
turning the fan on only means they're weaker.
HB

Easier Method of Scrubbing a Deck? [email protected] Home Repair 13 February 4th 21 02:45 PM
dishwasher clog observer Home Repair 4 June 30th 08 12:53 PM
Anyone try it?? Scrubbing Bubbles Automatic Shower Cleaner tomkanpa Home Repair 8 August 31st 06 02:30 AM
Free Scrubbing Bubbles Automatic Shower Cleaner [email protected] Home Repair 1 May 23rd 06 12:33 AM
toilet always clog mark charon Home Repair 14 November 21st 03 11:48 PM