mark charon

Default toilet always clog

hello,
ever since we moved into this house, our toilet (low flow) seems to
clog every so often. this toilet was purchased probably for around 100
dollars 3-4 years ago. (ive' never tried using the pluger.)

sometimes i have to use a 6ft snake to clear it but most times
a 3 ft snake will clear it just fine.

when it does clog, usually we still can flush but the flush is slow
and weak.

we tried different brands of toilet paper but with same result.

my sister lives in a house built in 1990. she also has this problem.
in her case, she uses the pluger and then it works fine.

someone suggested that previous owner may have some toys that got
accidentally flushed down.
does this sound like it??

how do you solve this problem?

will replacing to a better toilet fix this problem??

thank you in advance...
mark Ransley

Consumer reports rated them, see where yours is rated, and go from
there.

jim

mark charon wrote:

[...]

we have a house we built in 1972, had two of the old stile toilets,
never any problem.. well the tank on one broke and we had to replace it
with a 1.6 gal low flow toilet..... keep a plunger by it all the time...
tried different papers, no help.... last week it would not work even
with a plunger. seemed cloged pretty good... i tried to use an auger and
it did not work any better... could not get the auger to go down into
the toilet... i removed the whole thing and took it into the back yard
thinking i was gonna find a small bottle of whatever the kids have
sitting on one of those multi shelves over the toilet...... found out it
was two Q-tips with about a 6 in. piece of duct tape behind it and the
rest was paper packed all the way to the bottom hole... it was so packed
i could not get this 6 ft. auger down there to move anything(just
testing it to see if it would work)... i had to use some long needle
nose pliers and a garden hose..... from experience if this same thing
was in the older full flow toilet it would never had happened......
also i found out after one week of the new toilet (american standard
cadet) that there is a small float that goes onto a chain that pulls up
the flapper valve, you have to move the float all the way down so when
you flush the float will hold the flapper valve open long enough to let
more water go into the bowl from the tank to give you a better flush..
hope this helps.
Joseph Meehan

To add to Alan's comments, not all of today's are as good as others.
Also there may be something stuck somewhere that is causing the problem.

--
Joseph E. Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math

"Alan" wrote in message

Bob

"mark charon" wrote in message
om...
hello,
ever since we moved into this house, our toilet (low flow)

seems to
clog every so often.

how do you solve this problem?

I have an old, large volume toilet with the same problem. I have
found that after a big "dump", flushing the toilet before using
the T.P. prevents the problem.

Bob

Tony Hwang

Bob wrote:

"mark charon" wrote in message
om...

hello,
ever since we moved into this house, our toilet (low flow)

seems to

clog every so often.

how do you solve this problem?

I have an old, large volume toilet with the same problem. I have
found that after a big "dump", flushing the toilet before using
the T.P. prevents the problem.

Bob

Hi,
Vent stack in good shape?
Tony

Art Begun

Get yourself a Gerber or Kohler pressure flush toilet with a Sloan
valve and you will not have any more toilet problems. About $200.

Me

isn't a pressure flush toilet REALLY noisy?

"Art Begun" wrote in message
ink.net...
Get yourself a Gerber or Kohler pressure flush toilet with a Sloan
valve and you will not have any more toilet problems. About $200.

Art Begun

Just got 2 Gerbers for my parents townhome and they are quiet. My 7
year old Kohlers are noisy. They both use the same Sloan valve.
Don't know if Sloan found a way to make the pressure valve quiet or if
Gerber figured out how to make the toilet quiet using the valve.

If buying now I would probably get the Gerber since I know how their
latest models work. Kohler may have quieted theirs down but I would
have to see the new one work before buying it.

They both flush great though.

"Me" wrote in message
isn't a pressure flush toilet REALLY noisy?

"Art Begun" wrote in message
ink.net...
Get yourself a Gerber or Kohler pressure flush toilet with a Sloan
valve and you will not have any more toilet problems. About $200.

MLD

Just got a couple of new Kohler toilets. They are very quiet and seem to do
the *flush* job as per design intent. Time will tell.
MLD
ink.net...

"Me" wrote in message
isn't a pressure flush toilet REALLY noisy?

"Art Begun" wrote in message
ink.net...
Get yourself a Gerber or Kohler pressure flush toilet with a Sloan
valve and you will not have any more toilet problems. About $200.

Art Begun

Pressure or gravity?

"MLD" wrote in message
Just got a couple of new Kohler toilets. They are very quiet and

seem to do
the *flush* job as per design intent. Time will tell.
MLD
ink.net...

"Me" wrote in message
isn't a pressure flush toilet REALLY noisy?

"Art Begun" wrote in message
ink.net...
Get yourself a Gerber or Kohler pressure flush toilet with a

Sloan
valve and you will not have any more toilet problems. About

$200.

MLD

Gravity

"Art Begun" wrote in message
link.net...
Pressure or gravity?

"MLD" wrote in message
Just got a couple of new Kohler toilets. They are very quiet and

seem to do
the *flush* job as per design intent. Time will tell.
MLD
ink.net...

"Me" wrote in message
isn't a pressure flush toilet REALLY noisy?

"Art Begun" wrote in message
ink.net...
Get yourself a Gerber or Kohler pressure flush toilet with a

Sloan
valve and you will not have any more toilet problems. About

$200.

HELP... water leak at base of toilet when showering Steve Home Repair 11 February 22nd 18 05:29 PM
Raised Toilet Andrew Mawson UK diy 11 December 12th 03 12:19 AM
Run on toilet paper predicted Stormin Mormon Home Repair 12 October 30th 03 07:48 PM
Help with toilet water supply and vibrating pipes E/K Littlefield Home Repair 1 October 20th 03 11:36 PM
toilet install edee em Home Repair 1 July 12th 03 07:14 PM