Alan

Default toilet always clog

On 18 Nov 2003 14:56:32 -0800, (mark charon) wrote:

hello,
ever since we moved into this house, our toilet (low flow) seems to
clog every so often. this toilet was purchased probably for around 100
dollars 3-4 years ago. (ive' never tried using the pluger.)

Some low flow toilets give only a minimal flush unless you hold the
handle down and tend to clog if there is much to flush away if you
only flick the handle. Some of the original low flow toilets did not
work as well as the ones available now.

sometimes i have to use a 6ft snake to clear it but most times
a 3 ft snake will clear it just fine.

when it does clog, usually we still can flush but the flush is slow
and weak.

we tried different brands of toilet paper but with same result.

my sister lives in a house built in 1990. she also has this problem.
in her case, she uses the pluger and then it works fine.

someone suggested that previous owner may have some toys that got
accidentally flushed down.
does this sound like it??

how do you solve this problem?

will replacing to a better toilet fix this problem??

thank you in advance...