Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Pressure Washer Help

I just bought a used Pressure Washer Ex Cell 3200 PSI 11 Hp Honda .
I’m not sure of the age person I bought it from said it’s about 5
years old, I’m thinking older no owners manual avalible, But the one
thing I can’t find any information on is the siphon feed hose. I know
the hose sits in the bucket of cleaner. But dose the feed hose draw
your cleaner constantly or only at low pressure? All I have is a hose
nothing more (need the strainer) should there be an independent shut
off valve for the feed hose. Right now I have a rubber plug over the
feed hose connection.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Sac Dave wrote:
I just bought a used Pressure Washer Ex Cell 3200 PSI 11 Hp Honda .
I’m not sure of the age person I bought it from said it’s about 5
years old, I’m thinking older no owners manual avalible, But the one
thing I can’t find any information on is the siphon feed hose. I know
the hose sits in the bucket of cleaner. But dose the feed hose draw
your cleaner constantly or only at low pressure? All I have is a hose
nothing more (need the strainer) should there be an independent shut
off valve for the feed hose. Right now I have a rubber plug over the
feed hose connection.

I have a 2500 PSI unit and have not used the siphon feature, but I
believe it only draws when the unit is spraying water. I did not read
of any need to plug the hole where the hose attaches. You might search
for a manual on the web. http://www.devap.com/p_search.aspx

They make a fine product by the way.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 25 Feb 2011 10:33:13 -0600, Ken wrote:

Sac Dave wrote:
[...]

I have an Excell PW with a B&S engine on it. The brass pump is made
by "CAT" Pumps. I haven't used the siphon hose in all these years
(purchased about 1992?). There is not shut off valve for that hose,
only the screen thingy.

OP may want to also get the manual for the pump by searching the web
by brand and model number.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 25 Feb 2011 07:48:33 -0800 (PST), Sac Dave
wrote:

I just bought a used Pressure Washer Ex Cell 3200 PSI 11 Hp Honda .
I’m not sure of the age person I bought it from said it’s about 5
years old, I’m thinking older no owners manual avalible, But the one
thing I can’t find any information on is the siphon feed hose. I know
the hose sits in the bucket of cleaner. But dose the feed hose draw
your cleaner constantly or only at low pressure? All I have is a hose
nothing more (need the strainer) should there be an independent shut
off valve for the feed hose. Right now I have a rubber plug over the
feed hose connection.

Only draws during low pressure use. Does not need to be capped.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
I just bought a used Pressure Washer Ex Cell *3200 PSI 11 Hp Honda .
I m not sure of the age person I bought it from said it s about 5
years old, I m thinking older no owners manual avalible, *But the one
thing I can t find any information on is the siphon feed hose. *I know
the hose sits in the bucket of cleaner. But dose the feed hose draw
your cleaner constantly or only at low pressure? *All I have is a hose
nothing more (need the strainer) should there be an independent shut
off valve for the feed hose. *Right now I have a rubber plug over the
feed hose connection.

Only draws during low pressure use. Does not need to be capped.

Ditto the above. And even if it's an older unit, it's hard to
believe a manual isn't available for a Honda product

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
I just bought a used Pressure Washer Ex Cell *3200 PSI 11 Hp Honda .
I m not sure of the age person I bought it from said it s about 5
years old, I m thinking older no owners manual avalible, *But the one
thing I can t find any information on is the siphon feed hose. *I know
the hose sits in the bucket of cleaner. But dose the feed hose draw
your cleaner constantly or only at low pressure? *All I have is a hose
nothing more (need the strainer) should there be an independent shut
off valve for the feed hose. *Right now I have a rubber plug over the
feed hose connection.

Only draws during low pressure use. Does not need to be capped.

Ditto the above. And even if it's an older unit, it's hard to
believe a manual isn't available for a Honda product

True about the Honda engine. The OP may need to find the manual for
the pump. Not covered in a typical user manual. The pump manual will
illustrate an exploded view of the pump and have a parts number list.

Hoses, tips and connections can be found at your local house of hoses
supply. Or online he

http://www.houseofhose.com/catalog.php?cat=146&&name=PRESSURE-WASH&&master=N

Posted to alt.home.repair

In ,
Sac Dave typed:
: I just bought a used Pressure Washer Ex Cell 3200 PSI 11
: Hp Honda . Im not sure of the age person I bought it from
: said its about 5 years old, Im thinking older no owners
: manual avalible, But the one thing I cant find any
: information on is the siphon feed hose. I know the hose
: sits in the bucket of cleaner. But dose the feed hose draw
: your cleaner constantly or only at low pressure?

On at low pressure setting on your wand.

All I
: have is a hose nothing more (need the strainer) should
: there be an independent shut off valve for the feed hose.

No, not necessary. Best idea is to just empth the reservoir when done.
Apply soap with lo pressure; rinse & clean with hi pressure.

: Right now I have a rubber plug over the feed hose
: connection.

Not necessary if there is nothing in the reservoir but then IME it doesn't
hurt anything either.
Only have experience with Coleman & 2 others I forget the makers now.

HTH,

Twayne`