Posted to alt.home.repair

Default L brace counter sink holes

I have 2 different braces, L and T brace. the counter sink hole size is
different in both of them.

the flat head machine screw #10-24 x 1/2" seems to fit the T brace fine,
but doesn't fit the L brace too well.

the flat head is a bit too big for the L brace counter sunk hole.
anyone know what size screw might fit this. if a smaller size is not
possible, then I may have to make the counter sink hole a bit bigger so
that a #10-24 flat head screw will fit.

anyone have recommendation on a counter sink hole bit?

Zizzle that Fire - it's Zizzle Time !!!!!!!

Posted to alt.home.repair

In article ,
dilbert firestorm wrote:

I have 2 different braces, L and T brace. the counter sink hole size is
different in both of them.

the flat head machine screw #10-24 x 1/2" seems to fit the T brace fine,
but doesn't fit the L brace too well.

the flat head is a bit too big for the L brace counter sunk hole.
anyone know what size screw might fit this. if a smaller size is not
possible, then I may have to make the counter sink hole a bit bigger so
that a #10-24 flat head screw will fit.

anyone have recommendation on a counter sink hole bit?

82.5 degree single flute. 1/2" diameter is good all-around size for
general work. Run at very slow RPM. Use cutting oil.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2/21/2011 7:26 PM, Smitty Two wrote:
In articlexaedncuvSotbkv7QnZ2dnUVZ_tednZ2d@xfoneusa. net,
dilbert wrote:

I have 2 different braces, L and T brace. the counter sink hole size is
different in both of them.

the flat head machine screw #10-24 x 1/2" seems to fit the T brace fine,
but doesn't fit the L brace too well.

the flat head is a bit too big for the L brace counter sunk hole.
anyone know what size screw might fit this. if a smaller size is not
possible, then I may have to make the counter sink hole a bit bigger so
that a #10-24 flat head screw will fit.

anyone have recommendation on a counter sink hole bit?

82.5 degree single flute. 1/2" diameter is good all-around size for
general work. Run at very slow RPM. Use cutting oil.

any bit make would do?

bw, would this any tools help at all in this project?
http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_1...block Type=G1

this looks like it might fit my power drill or dremel.
http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_1...block Type=G6

Zizzle that Fire - it's Zizzle Time !!!!!!!

Posted to alt.home.repair

http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_1...kNo=1&block T
ype=G1

this looks like it might fit my power drill or dremel.
http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_1...kNo=6&block T
ype=G6

Those fixtures are toys. You don't need 'em anyway for this project. As
far as cutting tools like drills and countersinks, no, don't buy any old
brand. Most of the stuff at the big box is junk. Go to a real industrial
tool supply store in your city. You don't need carbide, or cobalt, or
anything fancy, just high quality "high speed steel."