Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Kitchen sink silicone caulk

Am recaulking my kitchen sink around the rim. It is the dropped type,
not set on top.

Is two layers of caulk better than one?

TIA

HB
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Feb 10, 3:52*pm, Higgs Boson wrote:
Am recaulking my kitchen sink around the rim. *It is the dropped type,
not set on top.

Is two layers of caulk better than one?

TIA

HB

If you mean "undermount" by "dropped type" where the rim of the sink
is under the counter rather than on top than you should not have to
caulk it because the installed was supposed to caulk the rim with
clear silicone before placing the counter over it and that type of
seal lasts for ever. If he didn't you should call the moron and tell
him that you're going to go after his(her) contractors license if he
doesn't come back and do it right.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Feb 10, 3:52*pm, Higgs Boson wrote:
Am recaulking my kitchen sink around the rim. *It is the dropped type,
not set on top.

Is two layers of caulk better than one?

TIA

HB

If you mean "undermount" by "dropped type" where the rim of the sink
is under the counter rather than on top than you should not have to
caulk it because the installed was supposed to caulk the rim with
clear silicone before placing the counter over it and that type of
seal lasts for ever. If he didn't you should call the moron and tell
him that you're going to go after his(her) contractors license if he
doesn't come back and do it right.

Mounting faucet to porcelain sink-Use putty/caulk/silicone? Lisa Ashley Rafter Home Repair 26 August 1st 17 10:15 AM
Help! Help! Silicone caulk Ivan Vegvary Home Repair 13 September 22nd 07 01:08 PM
silicone caulk Patt Home Repair 3 June 26th 06 03:26 PM
silicone caulk MKnott Home Repair 1 November 23rd 05 12:32 AM
Removing silicone caulk Roger Home Repair 2 September 27th 04 02:58 PM