Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Question on Murray 200 Amp breaker panel

I have a Murray 200 Amp 40 space breaker panel. I am remodeling my
basement and sheetrocking around the panel. Due to the way it was
installed, the panel sticks out less than the 1/2" depth of the
finished sheetrock. So after I put the cover on, although it sits
flush with the sheetrock and looks good from the outside, when you
open the door, the inner panel is not flush against the breakers. I
could try to loosen the wood mounting screws in the back to try and
bring it away from the wall, but I rather not.

I notice 2 screws at the top and bottom inside the panel door . Here
is a link to the panel, if you click on image it will zoom in
http://www.lowes.com/ProductDisplay?...llow&cId=PDIO1

I notice if I loosen those 2 screws, the inner panel moves inward
towards the breakers and sits flush. Does anyone know what the purpose
of these 2 screws are? Were they to adjust the inner plate, or to
change out to different circuit plate capacities like 20 space or 30
space?
Posted to alt.home.repair

[...]

*You are correct. Those screws are to adjust the inner section of the panel
cover so that it seats properly against the breakers.