Posted to alt.home.repair

Default New Function For Multifunction Tool

Well, new to me anyway...

I bought a HF air-powered brad nailer a few weeks ago. There was no
case, just the cardboard box that it came in.

So I've got a nailer, the little bottle of oil, a wrench and a few
boxes of brads to store.

That's when I remembered that I had kept the case from a Dewalt
Cordless drill that bit the dust a few years ago.

I opened the case and laying the nailer on top of the molded plastic
inserts, I determined how much of the inserts to cut away so that the
nailer would be held firmly in position. I grabbed the multifunction
tool and using the angled cutter, cut the inserts flush with the
bottom of the case. It cut like butta' ;-)

I then laid some scrap foam in the cut out area and put everything in
the case. I left some "cubbies" for the brads, the oil, etc.

Sweet!

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jan 31, 1:40*pm, DerbyDad03 wrote:
Well, new to me anyway...

I bought a HF air-powered brad nailer a few weeks ago. There was no
case, just the cardboard box that it came in.

So I've got a nailer, the little bottle of oil, a wrench and a few
boxes of brads to store.

That's when I remembered that I had kept the case from a Dewalt
Cordless drill that bit the dust a few years ago.

I opened the case and laying the nailer on top of the molded plastic
inserts, I determined how much of the inserts to cut away so that the
nailer would be held firmly in position. I grabbed the multifunction
tool and using the angled cutter, cut the inserts flush with the
bottom of the case. It cut like butta' *;-)

I then laid some scrap foam in the cut out area and put everything in
the case. I left some "cubbies" for the brads, the oil, etc.

Sweet!

Good idea. I've seen empty cases at garage sales and flea markets. I
never checked to see how much they are, but I would guess maybe a buck
or 2 at most.

Hank
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jan 31, 2:15*pm, Red Green wrote:
DerbyDad03 wrote in news:b8865c99-0422-484d-96bf-
:

Well, new to me anyway...

I bought a HF air-powered brad nailer a few weeks ago. There was no
case, just the cardboard box that it came in.

So I've got a nailer, the little bottle of oil, a wrench and a few
boxes of brads to store.

That's when I remembered that I had kept the case from a Dewalt
Cordless drill that bit the dust a few years ago.

I opened the case and laying the nailer on top of the molded plastic
inserts, I determined how much of the inserts to cut away so that the
nailer would be held firmly in position. I grabbed the multifunction
tool and using the angled cutter, cut the inserts flush with the
bottom of the case. It cut like butta' *;-)

I then laid some scrap foam in the cut out area and put everything in
the case. I left some "cubbies" for the brads, the oil, etc.

Sweet!

It works!

My 25 year old B&D jig saw & blades are in a just the right size plastic
Lego case.

Wonder what people think when you bring Legos to do a repair.- Hide quoted text -

I would think that you have confidence in your abilities.

Posted to alt.home.repair

DerbyDad03 wrote:
[...]

Regrettably, I seldom buy a tool that's expensive enough to come in its own
box...

I stock up on Stanley $5 tool kits available on Black Friday at my
neighborhood Ace Hardware. I've got about six, each containing a tool and
accouterments: Hand planer, Rotary Dremel, Multi-Function Twitching Tool,
Soldering iron, MAPP gas outfit, etc.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 31 Jan 2011 16:14:43 -0600, "HeyBub"
wrote:

DerbyDad03 wrote:
[...]

Trash picked a nice DeWalt box, sadly the tools were gone. G

About 9x16x20 or such. The thing had water behind the molded plastic.
One drill hole in the perfect spot fixed that. I have a large
collection of various bits and blades, might even have some air tool
couplings inside.

Cheap is good.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Oh, the HF vibrating thing? I read your post and I was
thinking Leatherman belt tool. Yes, I bet the vibrating
thing would work fine.

I just used the saw on my Leatherman to cut the top off a
baby bottle. Baby bottle is graduated in ounces. I use one
to measure two cycle mixing oil for my chainsaw, and snow
blower. The threads get brittle. Finally I sawed a hole in
the side, and then used a bandage shear to cut the top off,
neatly.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus