Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT - 20 x G system for calcuating labor rate and trip charge

I've been toying with making my business trip charge
dependant on gasoline. For example, choose a gas
station. My trip charge is 20 x G, with G being the
price of galon of gasoline. Labor rate is also 20 x G.
I'd have to figure out what's fair. But, the cost of
service would go up and down with gasoline.

Has anyone does this? Does it make sense?

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 1/22/2011 5:15 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
I've been toying with making my business trip charge
dependant on gasoline. For example, choose a gas
station. My trip charge is 20 x G, with G being the
price of galon of gasoline. Labor rate is also 20 x G.
I'd have to figure out what's fair. But, the cost of
service would go up and down with gasoline.

Has anyone does this? Does it make sense?

I just charge the same outrageous rate all the time. :-)

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jan 22, 3:15*pm, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:
I've been toying with making my business trip charge
dependant on gasoline. For example, choose a gas
station. My trip charge is 20 x G, with G being the
price of galon of gasoline. Labor rate is also 20 x G.
I'd have to figure out what's fair. But, the cost of
service would go up and down with gasoline.

Has anyone does this? Does it make sense?

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
*www.lds.org
.

How much do you pay for advertisement?
Posted to alt.home.repair

?
"Stormin Mormon" wrote in message
I've been toying with making my business trip charge
dependant on gasoline. For example, choose a gas
station. My trip charge is 20 x G, with G being the
price of galon of gasoline. Labor rate is also 20 x G.
I'd have to figure out what's fair. But, the cost of
service would go up and down with gasoline.

Has anyone does this? Does it make sense?

Every trucking company uses a fuel surcharge depending on the price of fuel.
Some of our suppliers for things like janitorial supplies charge an extra $2
to $5 depending on fuel. If you get 20 mpg, it costs you 10¢ a mile at $2
a gallon or 15¢ at $3 a gallon. So figure 1.25¢ for every quarter gas goes
up. On a 40 mile round trip, that amounts to 50¢ on the service call.
Rather than go through all the gymnastics needed for each call, just charge
an extra $2 to $5 and be done with it.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jan 22, 11:15*pm, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:
I've been toying with making my business trip charge
dependant on gasoline. For example, choose a gas
station. My trip charge is 20 x G, with G being the
price of galon of gasoline. Labor rate is also 20 x G.
I'd have to figure out what's fair. But, the cost of
service would go up and down with gasoline.

Has anyone does this? Does it make sense?

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
*www.lds.org
.

It will not give any accurate result as you consumption will depend on
your speed, distance travelled and traffic density. You would also so
need ot allow for depreciation, insurance, taxes and maintenance costs
on your vehicle. Probably the best thing to do is just guess. Being
sure any error is in your favour.
Not worth all the hassle for one man and his truck.

But if you want to be scientific, how about this?

http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/cost-of...car-calculator