Posted to alt.home.repair
harry harry is offline

Default OT - 20 x G system for calcuating labor rate and trip charge

On Jan 22, 11:15*pm, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:
I've been toying with making my business trip charge
dependant on gasoline. For example, choose a gas
station. My trip charge is 20 x G, with G being the
price of galon of gasoline. Labor rate is also 20 x G.
I'd have to figure out what's fair. But, the cost of
service would go up and down with gasoline.

Has anyone does this? Does it make sense?

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

It will not give any accurate result as you consumption will depend on
your speed, distance travelled and traffic density. You would also so
need ot allow for depreciation, insurance, taxes and maintenance costs
on your vehicle. Probably the best thing to do is just guess. Being
sure any error is in your favour.
Not worth all the hassle for one man and his truck.

But if you want to be scientific, how about this?

http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/cost-of...car-calculator