Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Dishwasher leak

I have a leaking dishwasher (bottom left front) and have no clue if
it's a gasket or not. Can anyone offer advice or recommend someone I
could call for help? Thanks.

Val
Posted to alt.home.repair

Val wrote in news:fc835374-75fd-49d0-8872-29250dd22971
@29g2000yqq.googlegroups.com:

I have a leaking dishwasher (bottom left front) and have no clue if
it's a gasket or not. Can anyone offer advice or recommend someone I
could call for help? Thanks.

Val

Uhhhh, appliance repair from Yellow Pages?????
Posted to alt.home.repair

Val wrote:
I have a leaking dishwasher (bottom left front) and have no clue if
it's a gasket or not. Can anyone offer advice or recommend someone I
could call for help? Thanks.

The most likely culprit is a stuck water-level float. The water keeps
coming. And coming.

In some, you just pull up the float to remove it. Scrape the mung out of the
thing.

All will be well.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jan 18, 7:08*pm, Val wrote:
I have a leaking dishwasher (bottom left front) and have no clue if
it's a gasket or not. *Can anyone offer advice or recommend someone I
could call for help? *Thanks.

Val

A make and model number and approximate age would sure make it a lot
easier to give you some advice.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jan 18, 5:08*pm, Val wrote:
I have a leaking dishwasher (bottom left front) and have no clue if
it's a gasket or not. *Can anyone offer advice or recommend someone I
could call for help? *Thanks.

Val

Dishwashers when they are first installed are supposed to tilt
slightly to the rear. Was you dishwasher installed properly?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 1/18/2011 8:08 PM, Val wrote:
I have a leaking dishwasher (bottom left front) and have no clue if
it's a gasket or not. Can anyone offer advice or recommend someone I
could call for help? Thanks.

Val

When our dw did that, it was caused by build-up of detergent. Repairman
poured a quart of vinegar into the dw, no dishes, and ran it through a
cycle. Cured. The build-up caused sudsing that kept water from
draining properly so that it ran out around the door.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jan 18, 8:08*pm, Val wrote:
I have a leaking dishwasher (bottom left front) and have no clue if
it's a gasket or not. *Can anyone offer advice or recommend someone I
could call for help? *Thanks.

Val

I had a Kenmore/Whirlpool DW leaking around the door. After wasting
money replacing the door gaskets I found out that the O-ring for the
pump cover was blown out. The pump was blasting water out the side
straight toward the door.

Another DW had a similar problem - it ended up being crud built up on
the vent in the door. The crud would absorb water then drip inside the
door and out the bottom.

The vinegar is always a good first step. Not a bad idea to spalash a
little vinegar in with each load especially if you have hard water.

www.repairclinic.com

Dishwasher Leak [email protected] Home Repair 2 August 28th 07 07:36 PM
dishwasher leak George Home Repair 0 May 18th 07 05:49 PM
leak on my ge dishwasher [email protected] Home Repair 2 March 16th 06 08:42 PM
Dishwasher Leak Notepad1800 Home Repair 4 November 17th 04 11:36 PM
Dishwasher leak John Richards Home Repair 3 February 24th 04 08:04 PM