Posted to alt.home.repair
Limp Arbor Limp Arbor is offline

Default Dishwasher leak

On Jan 18, 8:08*pm, Val wrote:
I have a leaking dishwasher (bottom left front) and have no clue if
it's a gasket or not. *Can anyone offer advice or recommend someone I
could call for help? *Thanks.

Val

I had a Kenmore/Whirlpool DW leaking around the door. After wasting
money replacing the door gaskets I found out that the O-ring for the
pump cover was blown out. The pump was blasting water out the side
straight toward the door.

Another DW had a similar problem - it ended up being crud built up on
the vent in the door. The crud would absorb water then drip inside the
door and out the bottom.

The vinegar is always a good first step. Not a bad idea to spalash a
little vinegar in with each load especially if you have hard water.

www.repairclinic.com