Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Anchoring screws in a lamp

I'm repairing a used high-intensity lamp with a magnifying lens that I
picked up. Three screw sockets are either split or disintegrated,
probably from over-tightening. (See picture 1.) On one side of the
lamp housing, I ground down part of the damaged socket with a Dremel
and glued a plastic anchor in place bracing it with the side of the
housing. (See picture 2.) I'm pretty sure this will work ok for that
side.

On the other side, the sockets are 1/2" from the side of the housing
so there's nothing to support a plastic anchor. (See picture 3;
sockets in picture 1 viewed from above.) I could use a suggestion on
how to support these two screws.

Picture 1
http://img703.imageshack.us/img703/5237/27526938.jpg

Picture 2