Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default Warning on umbrella (folding) stroller

I saw the label myself, on tv.

Warning on umbrella (collapsble, folding) stroller:

"Remove child before folding stroller"
Posted to alt.home.repair

mm wrote in
:

I saw the label myself, on tv.

Warning on umbrella (collapsble, folding) stroller:

"Remove child before folding stroller"

See, that's the problem with instructions. No explanation as to why.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Oh, that's no good. They didn't specify HOW to remove the
child. Cable hoist? Block and tackle? 15 gal shop vac? Food
processor? Hobart mixer? How will we ever know?

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"mm" wrote in message
I saw the label myself, on tv.

Warning on umbrella (collapsble, folding) stroller:

"Remove child before folding stroller"

Posted to alt.home.repair

Red Green wrote:

mm wrote in
:

I saw the label myself, on tv.

Warning on umbrella (collapsble, folding) stroller:

"Remove child before folding stroller"

See, that's the problem with instructions. No explanation as to why.

I have to confess to be one of those folks who broke that rule
frequently 25 yrs or so ago.

Baby is sleeping- so it is much easier to hold the top of the handles
while 'breaking' the bar that holds them apart with the other hand
while baby still sleeps in the stroller. There was a button that
needed to be pressed to unlock the bar. Once you raised the center a
bit,it would stay unlocked.

Then hold the baby in one arm, and while holding the handle in the
same hand as your bag of groceries, [the same side that is holding the
bag of baby-crap like bottles, diapers, etc] your knee can push that
bar up to finish folding the stroller.

I hope they are better designed today- but I can see how a company
might want to cover their ass by telling folks to do it differently.

Jim
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 1/12/2011 5:35 AM, mm wrote:
I saw the label myself, on tv.

Warning on umbrella (collapsble, folding) stroller:

"Remove child before folding stroller"

That makes it too hard to get them in the overhead storage when flying.

Posted to alt.home.repair

How many Daddys get to buy a F-350 dump truck?

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"DerbyDad03" wrote in message

Folding strollers?

*Folding* strollers?

You mean that I didn't have to keep buying bigger vehicles
to fit
those full size strollers in?

That double stroller was huge!

Posted to alt.home.repair

Yeah, most folks don't haul grand parents around.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"DerbyDad03"
wrote in message

You mean that I didn't have to keep buying bigger vehicles
to fit
those full size strollers in?

That double stroller was huge!

Posted to alt.home.repair

Red Green wrote:
-snip-
Yes, that is a good one.

One of my favs was on the insert in a box of roofing nails. I've posted
it here before. Good opportunity to dust off.

http://oi54.tinypic.com/29ll7k8.jpg

I don't get it.
Are they saying 'no nailguns' or 'no hammers' -- or 'only use on
roofs'? EG

Jim
Posted to alt.home.repair

Jim Elbrecht wrote:
Red Green

One of my favs was on the insert in a box of roofing nails. I've
posted it here before. Good opportunity to dust off.

http://oi54.tinypic.com/29ll7k8.jpg

I don't get it.
Are they saying 'no nailguns' or 'no hammers' -- or 'only use on
roofs'? EG

Don't let Stevie Wonder use your nailgun.

Jon

Posted to alt.home.repair

I wah, wah, wah, wah, wonder why not?

"Do not use head for table."
"Do not ask a straight guy to describe 'I nailed that bitch'
" (note use of apostrophe as a subset quote mark).
"Do not confuse wall with worker's head" (note use of
apostrophe to indicate posessive form)

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Jon Danniken"
wrote in message

http://oi54.tinypic.com/29ll7k8.jpg

I don't get it.
Are they saying 'no nailguns' or 'no hammers' -- or 'only
use on
roofs'? EG

Don't let Stevie Wonder use your nailgun.

Jon

Posted to alt.home.repair

mm wrote:
I saw the label myself, on tv.

Warning on umbrella (collapsble, folding) stroller:

"Remove child before folding stroller"

Sounds like good advice to me.

The alternative sounds somewhat counter-productive.

Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

On Wed, 12 Jan 2011 11:01:10 -0800 (PST), DerbyDad03
wrote:

On Jan 12, 12:20*pm, mm wrote:
On Wed, 12 Jan 2011 08:07:08 -0800 (PST), DerbyDad03

wrote:
On Jan 12, 5:35*am, mm wrote:
I saw the label myself, on tv.

Warning on umbrella (collapsble, folding) stroller:

"Remove child before folding stroller"

Folding strollers?

*Folding* strollers?

You mean that I didn't have to keep buying bigger vehicles to fit
those full size strollers in?

That double stroller was huge!

I think they make folding double stollers. * Umbrella style.- Hide quoted text -

I was kidding about needing the bigger vehicles.

Actually we did have a folding double, but it wasn't an umbrella type.

It was a double "long" as opposed to a side by side and each seat
reclined. I think it cost me over $200 and that was 18 years ago.

But think how much your kids have cost you since!

Something like this:

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index...uctId=10758729

Looks like a tank. It would be great for running down little children.