Heathcliff

Default patio umbrella - need cloth part only

I have a patio umbrella in which the canvas is shot. The wooden frame
is still fine, however. I would like to just get a new canvas (or
whatever cloth) for it, but I have not been able to find anyone selling
these. The design seems pretty standard, and the cloth part is
designed to be removable, so I am a little mystified as to why I can't
find this replacement part.

I tried googling it but all I found were patio umbrellas - frame and
all - or patio umbrella covers, which are slipcovers you can put over
the umbrella to protect it when not in use.

If anyone knows of a source for these on the Net, or major chain store
that carries them, I would greatly appreciate it.

-- H

Mikepier

You could probably pick up a good umbrella for about $20. Ace Home
center had them for that price a couple of days ago.

Mitch@this_is_not_a_real_address.com

http://www.umbrella-recovery.com/details.htm

I saw some others, too. Here's the Google terms I used:
patio furniture "replacement fabric" umbrella

Just a few I found in a Yahoo search (it helps to put the word
"replacement" in the search)...

http://www.umbrella-recovery.com/
http://mjjsales.com/polyester_replac...canvas_for.htm
http://www.teakwickerandmore.com/cat...vers/0C994.htm

Heathcliff

Thanks! I bow to your web-surfing skills . . . .

For any other cheapos like me, the middle one of the three sites has
9-foot replacement covers for $39.95 -- appropriate for an umbrella
like mine that only cost 99.95 to start with. -- H

Mitch@this_is_not_a_real_address.com

Thanks! I bow to your web-surfing skills . . . .

For any other cheapos like me, the middle one of the three sites has
9-foot replacement covers for $39.95 -- appropriate for an umbrella
like mine that only cost 99.95 to start with. -- H

Now what I would like to is: How the heck did you manage to get a
patio umbrella to last more than one season!?!?

I throw away a broken umbrella every year, and I usually spend $100
for them.

Part P Proto-FAQ [email protected] UK diy 0 April 28th 05 02:04 AM
OT Guns more Guns Cliff Metalworking 519 December 12th 04 05:52 AM
Part P - new cable colours CRB UK diy 50 November 30th 04 11:13 PM
Ball valves - whats the difference Alan Campbell UK diy 5 March 24th 04 01:06 PM
"Part P in force by 2004" Andy Wade UK diy 45 November 12th 03 04:43 PM