Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Elbrecht Jim Elbrecht is offline

Default Warning on umbrella (folding) stroller

Red Green wrote:

mm wrote in
:

I saw the label myself, on tv.

Warning on umbrella (collapsble, folding) stroller:

"Remove child before folding stroller"

See, that's the problem with instructions. No explanation as to why.

I have to confess to be one of those folks who broke that rule
frequently 25 yrs or so ago.

Baby is sleeping- so it is much easier to hold the top of the handles
while 'breaking' the bar that holds them apart with the other hand
while baby still sleeps in the stroller. There was a button that
needed to be pressed to unlock the bar. Once you raised the center a
bit,it would stay unlocked.

Then hold the baby in one arm, and while holding the handle in the
same hand as your bag of groceries, [the same side that is holding the
bag of baby-crap like bottles, diapers, etc] your knee can push that
bar up to finish folding the stroller.

I hope they are better designed today- but I can see how a company
might want to cover their ass by telling folks to do it differently.

Jim