Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Damper Bearing Lube

At my church, one of the HVAC air flow dampers
siezed up. The berrings dried up, and the actuator
couldn't do its thing. Our resident HVAC guy (not
me, the other guy) freed it up with Channel Locks.
Gave me permission to lube the damper berrings.

Where the shaft goes through the bushing is
generally accessable. What's a good lube, that
will attract minimum of dust, provide lubrication,
and stay there for a while?

I'm thinking that WD-40 and three in one oil aren't
going to do the job. At the moment, I'm thinking that
zoom spout turbine oil might. Silicone spray might.
LPS #2, dries and leaves a dry lube might work. Or,
two cycle gas mix oil.

At present, silicone tops my list. What else might
work?

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

Posted to alt.home.repair

JOKE ?RIGHT ?
I HAVE A MUFFLER BEARING !!
jr

http://community.webtv.net/awoodbutc...oodWorkingPage

Posted to alt.home.repair

Stormin,
I've become addicted to using Anti Seize on many things. If you
can pull the shaft, clean off the gunk, coat shaft and bearing
with anti seize I would bet you'll never do it again under your
watch.

The stuff has great water resistance, sticks well, lubes well. No
affiliations, just well satisfied. The one I use now is:
http://www.bostik-us.com/our-brands/...z/default.html

but Graingers carries a wide assortment, even spray formulae:
http://www.grainger.com/Grainger/ant...log/N-9iq/No-0

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DanG

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in
message ...
[...]

Posted to alt.home.repair

Hmm. I'll consider giving that a shot.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Oren" wrote in message

At present, silicone tops my list. What else might
work?

Gun oil?

Posted to alt.home.repair

Now, go in the back room and scrub out the muffler berring
in that vat of red lantern oil.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Jerry - OHIO" wrote in message
JOKE ?RIGHT ?
I HAVE A MUFFLER BEARING !!
jr

http://community.webtv.net/awoodbutc...oodWorkingPage

Posted to alt.home.repair

Antisieze is excellent idea. Sadly, I don't have the ability
to get the bushing apart. The "whatever" needs to be dripped
or sprayed from the end of the berring. If I could get the
bushing / berring apart, then anti sieze would be the way to
go. Lubricates, and long lasting.

At the moment, I'm going back and forth between LPS #2, and
Gunk chain lube.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"DanG" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
[...]

Then there's always "Marvel's Mystery Oil"!
Posted to alt.home.repair
Joe Joe is offline

wrote:
[...]

Kroil.

Joe

Machine a bearing?? - Ford Major Diesel 2 stage clutch bearing GeoLane at PTD dot NET Metalworking 6 March 14th 09 01:31 PM
How to use a damper / flue trbo20 Home Repair 4 January 18th 08 12:08 AM
Backdraft Damper [email protected] Home Repair 0 October 18th 07 03:05 AM
Fireplace damper arjay Home Repair 5 August 25th 07 11:25 PM
Isolation Damper Paul Home Repair 3 October 17th 04 11:24 PM