Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob Villa Bob Villa is offline

Default Damper Bearing Lube

On Jan 10, 5:59*pm, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:
At my church, one of the HVAC air flow dampers
siezed up. The berrings dried up, and the actuator
couldn't do its thing. Our resident HVAC guy (not
me, the other guy) freed it up with Channel Locks.
Gave me permission to lube the damper berrings.

Where the shaft goes through the bushing is
generally accessable. What's a good lube, that
will attract minimum of dust, provide lubrication,
and stay there for a while?

I'm thinking that WD-40 and three in one oil aren't
going to do the job. At the moment, I'm thinking that
zoom spout turbine oil might. Silicone spray might.
LPS #2, dries and leaves a dry lube might work. Or,
two cycle gas mix oil.

At present, silicone tops my list. What else might
work?

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus