Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Sewer/Water Policy

I am just wondering if any of you have an insurance policy covering the
sewer/water lines from the edge of the street to your home?

In my city, the city will cover any sewer or water line pipe, etc.
damage up to my property line next to the street. But, if the line
breaks on my property, I am stuck with a huge bill if this problem occurs.

I can get coverage at $95 a year. Even though I may not need it for 20
years (and hopefully never), I would still be money ahead even if I kept
the policy all of these years. Backhoes, etc. are not cheap.

I would appreciate any feedback.

Thanks.

Kate