Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT- cheap entry-level 32" LCD with more than 2 sets of input jacks?

Subject says it all, almost. My 85YO half-blind father wants to
upgrade his bedroom TV, which he uses several hours per day. But it
need to have inputs for his old composite-feed VCR, DVD, and Dish
box. DTV from antenna won't play nice being fed through old SD dish
box, so I want the reserve the F connector for the roof antenna. (no
dish locals around here). I'd strongly prefer for him to not have to
do any voodoo of switching stuff on and off in a certain order, so
I'd rather not use the dish RF output anyway- just hit the source
button to switch back and forth. I'd rather not use a mechanical
switch box, but that is the fallback, since he has to stand in front
of the stack to put in a tape or DVD anyway. He won't let me just
replace it all with modern stuff that uses HDMI cables- the old stuff
still works.

--
aem sends, trying to finish all the list before I go home and can have
a real Usenet connection again, in 4 days....

need to convert from MIC level to LINE-INPUT level wylbur37 Electronics Repair 15 May 24th 07 04:45 AM
"Entry Level" what does that mean? HVAC question... Stevey Sandlin Home Repair 6 September 26th 06 11:55 AM
entry-level jigsaw bob UK diy 17 May 16th 06 10:36 AM
Makers of mortise entry sets? Bert Hyman Home Repair 3 June 28th 04 07:49 AM
Sony tv KV36 jumps to video input on ANY remote entry Roy and Rosa Electronics Repair 3 June 3rd 04 01:08 AM