Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Share our blessings

On Mon, 27 Dec 2010 14:13:40 -0800 (PST), Higgs Boson
wrote:

No matter how the bleeding-hearts and the do-goodies try to spin this
into making him a martyr -- they are wrong about his present
confinement conditions.

No, they are absolutely correct. The military is acting like
playground bullies, but this is not a playground, and Manning is a
human being they are trying to break by torture.

Sure he is human. The government doesn't want him to kill himself
before they hurry-up and have a fair trial. "Torture"? Bull****!!

It's for his own good. He just doesn't realize it yet.

I can't wait till it happens to you. Then you'll understand that it's
not about bleeding hearts and do-gooders -- it's about the rule of the
law as opposed to the rule of the jungle. Have you ever actually
READ the Constitution and the Bill of Rights?

What your are saying is that his living conditions are so bad that you
wish them upon me. Progressive thought I suspect. To much for this
solider, but okay for someone that supports his assigned housing
quarters and conditions. If you really have all this fleetly touchy
kind of feelings, write the Public Information Officer (PIO) and
request that Manning be released into your custody. Take him into your
home if it makes you feel better.

Yes I've read Constitution and the Bill of Rights numerous times. Do
you know where this national treasure is kept? Have you visited and
seen it first hand?

Have you read any court decisions or federal law that applies to his
confinement conditions. Thought so.

OH, If he is convicted under UCMJ, I hope the Justice Department
brings charges - it's not double jeopardy.

How did you type it -- "poor" boy?
Posted to alt.home.repair

David Nebenzahl wrote:

Don't know if you actually read the whole article, but there are some
troubling questions about the circumstances of Manning's detention. He's
technically not on suicide watch but is under a regime of Prevention of
Injury, for questionable reasons.

I glanced through it but missed the part about intentional sleep
deprivation. That part is troubling, if true.

He's being sleep-deprived. Their (Quantico's) claims of allowing him
exercise every day are apparently bull**** (he's allowed to *walk* in a
larger room; that's "exercise"?).

I guess celebrities in detention are held in solitary at least
sometimes just for their own protection.
I wonder if the WikiLeaks guy would be arrested if he was in the
U.S. over this. Our First Amendment would protect him I hope.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Dec 28, 6:14*pm, Dean Hoffman wrote:
David Nebenzahl wrote:
Don't know if you actually read the whole article, but there are some
troubling questions about the circumstances of Manning's detention. He's
technically not on suicide watch but is under a regime of Prevention of
Injury, for questionable reasons.

* * * *I glanced through it but missed the part about intentional sleep
deprivation. * That part is troubling, if true.

He's being sleep-deprived. Their (Quantico's) claims of allowing him
exercise every day are apparently bull**** (he's allowed to *walk* in a
larger room; that's "exercise"?).

* * *I guess celebrities in detention are held in solitary at least
sometimes just for their own protection.
* * *I wonder if the WikiLeaks guy would be arrested if he was in the
U.S. over this. *Our First Amendment would protect him I hope.

(falls down laughing with tears in eyes.)

This is not the U.S. that I grew up in -- maybe you too.

HB