Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Air Filters for Smokers

On 12/18/2010 1:13 PM, Jeff Thies wrote:
I've got some smokers in the rental house and want to add air filtering.
I've got a small hepa type filter with an ionizer in temporarily. But
since I am dealing with mostly smoke, I wonder if one of the
electrostatic types would work just as well if not better.

Suggestions? Google is failing me here.

Jeff

Suggestion??? Ya, no smoking in the house. That's my rule. Seems to
work. One tenant even thanked me for helping him to quit because of the
rule.

--
Steve Barker
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 12/18/2010 10:07 PM, Steve Barker wrote:
On 12/18/2010 1:13 PM, Jeff Thies wrote:
I've got some smokers in the rental house and want to add air filtering.
I've got a small hepa type filter with an ionizer in temporarily. But
since I am dealing with mostly smoke, I wonder if one of the
electrostatic types would work just as well if not better.

Suggestions? Google is failing me here.

Jeff

Suggestion??? Ya, no smoking in the house. That's my rule. Seems to
work. One tenant even thanked me for helping him to quit because of the
rule.

SMOKERS SUCK! :-)

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair
EXT EXT is offline

"Steve Barker" wrote in message
On 12/18/2010 1:13 PM, Jeff Thies wrote:
I've got some smokers in the rental house and want to add air filtering.
I've got a small hepa type filter with an ionizer in temporarily. But
since I am dealing with mostly smoke, I wonder if one of the
electrostatic types would work just as well if not better.

Suggestions? Google is failing me here.

Jeff

Suggestion??? Ya, no smoking in the house. That's my rule. Seems to
work. One tenant even thanked me for helping him to quit because of the
rule.

Good idea, but it should be in the lease with penalties if they still smoke
in the house. Many smokers "insist" on their "right to smoke" and will do it
anyway. Many cannot smell the smoke odors in the house because they are used
to it and their nasal passages are "burnt out", they think if they smoke
near an open door or window or fan the smoke it will disappear and no one
will be able to detect it.

Walt Disney World has a no smoking policy in their hotels along with a
several hundred dollar fine for "cleaning" the room if one smokes in it.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Dec 19, 1:13*pm, "EXT" wrote:
[...]

Its easier than that, if they admit to smoking, the showing is over.
Nobody will quit for your lease.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 12/19/2010 1:13 PM, EXT wrote:

[...]

Same at disneyland and same at my rentals. My wife can smell smoke in a
building (even one open to the outside) two weeks later.

--
Steve Barker

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 12/19/2010 1:49 PM, ransley wrote:
On Dec 19, 1:13 pm, wrote:
"Steve wrote in message

[...]

No, but they do sit on the porch. 83% of my renters smoke, but not in
the house.

--
Steve Barker