Posted to alt.home.repair

Default New sheet vinyl has indentations, defective?

I just bought 10 feet of new Congolium Ultima sheet vinyl off a 12
foot roll. After I laid it out in my garage so I could cut it up using
my template I noticed slight indentations in it. The indentation is
slight but very noticeable. The indentation is in the form of a line
about 1" wide that runs parallel to the roll (across the 12 feet of
the roll). There are two of these 1" lines about 6" apart. These two
lines repeat about every 34".

I was hoping that either these would go away in a few hours or that
they would not be noticeable (since they were fairly slight). After I
cut out the template and laid the vinyl in my kitchen (not glued yet),
the lines are obvious and no way am I going to live with them (it has
been about 12 hours).

What are these lines/indentations? Will they eventually go away in a
few days and there is nothing to worry about or is this vinyl
defective in which case I have to get my money back. If it is
defective, what are these lines from so I know how they got there so
they can't bamboozle me and contest my return of the product?

Thanks,
Jess

keyword = JessJoeMama
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Jess" wrote in message
[...]

I think it yours no matter what they are. When you cut it they became your
problem. So you may have to live with them.

Most reputable dealers would accept a return if it remained uncut.

I suspect some form of machine damage from the rolling process during
manufacture.

--
Colbyt

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Nov 24, 9:12*pm, Jess wrote:
[...]

I've thought about it and...

34" divided by pi (3.1416) = a little over 10". This was the
approximate diameter of the "roll" that was given to me. Now to
explain the two lines that are about 6" apart (after being rolled
out). Imagine this "round" roll sitting on other round rolls in
shipping. Now imagine heavy stuff (other large rolls of vinyl or
carpet) sitting on top of it. My roll was making contact with the
"round" rolls underneath it in two locations with the rolls underneath
it. The math works out perfectly. This was shipped improperly with too
much weight on top of it.

Jess
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Nov 25, 10:12*am, Jess wrote:
On Nov 24, 9:12*pm, Jess wrote:

[...]

Jess- Hide quoted text -

Let us know if your source will refund your money, and who the source
is so we can either boo or cheer them.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Nov 25, 11:12*am, Jess wrote:
On Nov 24, 9:12*pm, Jess wrote:

[...]

LOL... You are buying remnants and hoping that they are still
in perfectly new condition ?

You get what you pay for...

~~ Evan