Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Looking forward to my first TSA search

I had bypass surgery. I have several wires in me that were used to hold my
sternum and other things together. On x ray, they look like squiggly wires
and twisted together on the ends. I'm sure I am going to cause quite a stir
when they body scan me. It's quite a lot of wire. I also have two silver
clips on my vas deferens in my scrotum, and I wonder what they'll say about
those. But the wires in my chest could look like some part of a device, or
wire that is holding something on to my body. I'll just go through the test
like anyone, and won't give them a clue, and see how they treat me. Maybe
I'll make the news.

Steve

Heart surgery pending?
Read up and prepare.
Learn how to care for a friend.
http://cabgbypasssurgery.com

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 11/21/2010 5:17 PM, Steve B wrote:
I had bypass surgery. I have several wires in me that were used to hold my
sternum and other things together. On x ray, they look like squiggly wires
and twisted together on the ends. I'm sure I am going to cause quite a stir
when they body scan me. It's quite a lot of wire. I also have two silver
clips on my vas deferens in my scrotum, and I wonder what they'll say about
those. But the wires in my chest could look like some part of a device, or
wire that is holding something on to my body. I'll just go through the test
like anyone, and won't give them a clue, and see how they treat me. Maybe
I'll make the news.

Steve

Probably nothing will show up. Xrays would have to penetrate and the
metal detectors, which you will probably go through, will not show these
things. I've got the chest wires plus a stainless steel plate with 5
screws on my collarbone and they don't get picked up.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Nov 21, 5:55*pm, Frank wrote:
On 11/21/2010 5:17 PM, Steve B wrote: I had bypass surgery. *I have several wires in me that were used to hold my
sternum and other things together. *On x ray, they look like squiggly wires
and twisted together on the ends. *I'm sure I am going to cause quite a stir
when they body scan me. *It's quite a lot of wire. *I also have two silver
clips on my vas deferens in my scrotum, and I wonder what they'll say about
those. *But the wires in my chest could look like some part of a device, or
wire that is holding something on to my body. *I'll just go through the test
like anyone, and won't give them a clue, and see how they treat me. *Maybe
I'll make the news.

Steve

Probably nothing will show up. *Xrays would have to penetrate and the
metal detectors, which you will probably go through, will not show these
things. *I've got the chest wires plus a stainless steel plate with 5
screws on my collarbone and they don't get picked up.

i have staples in my stomach and wands definetely can detect those
staples.

news reports show bones on these scanners in some years they will be
found to cause cancer....

I called USAIR saying i want to cancel my christmas trip, since
conditions of carriage have now changed.I bought my tickets before the
new rules were public.......

no dice non refundable is non refundable.
Posted to alt.home.repair

I'll have to go early...

I'm sure once they get a look at my body, they will want me to go back
in so they can have another look. Then another and another. If I'm not
there early, this might cause me to miss my flight!

"Steve B" wrote in message
I had bypass surgery. I have several wires in me that were used to
hold my sternum and other things together. On x ray, they look like
squiggly wires and twisted together on the ends. I'm sure I am going
to cause quite a stir when they body scan me. It's quite a lot of
wire. I also have two silver clips on my vas deferens in my scrotum,
and I wonder what they'll say about those. But the wires in my chest
could look like some part of a device, or wire that is holding
something on to my body. I'll just go through the test like anyone,
and won't give them a clue, and see how they treat me. Maybe I'll
make the news.

Steve

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 11/21/2010 6:52 PM, wrote:
On Nov 21, 5:55 pm, wrote:
[...]

Radiation exposure from these machines are minimal and not all use
xrays. They are saying that even the xray based machine only gives
exposure equivalent of 6 minutes flying where you are exposed to
ionizing radiation the higher you are above the atmosphere. I can't
readily find a good table but I think one ct scan gives a year or two of
normal background radiation.

I object to the personally intrusive nature of these searches rather
than the radiation danger.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Frank" wrote in message
-

I called USAIR saying i want to cancel my christmas trip, since
conditions of carriage have now changed.I bought my tickets before the
new rules were public.......

no dice non refundable is non refundable.

A lawyer friend told me that contracts are only guidelines suggesting how
both parties would like things to be. (-: A judge decides what the
contract *really* says. Your state laws could offer you some avenues of
recovery. If not, bad publicity is something no airline wants and there are
substantive material issues since the conditions of the contract have so
vastly changed. I might press a little harder if those tickets were truly
going to waste. I might even call one of the organizations coming down
against the new procedures and offer to be a test case. The choice between
being scoped or groped is like the choice between getting e. coli or
salmonella food poisoning. I don't want either.

--
Bobby G.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Nov 21, 3:52*pm, " wrote:
On Nov 21, 5:55*pm, Frank wrote:

[...]

Don't necessarily stop with the Epsilon Minus on the phone. That's
what they WOULD say.
Look up US Air on Yahoo Finance, get the name, address, phone and fax
of the CEO, and write him/her
a polite but firm letter reiterating your point about the conditions
of carriage. Send a copy to their Chief Counsel.

Couldn't hurt! Strike a blow for freedom g

Luck!

HB

Posted to alt.home.repair

Steve B wrote:
I had bypass surgery. I have several wires in me that were used to hold my
sternum and other things together. On x ray, they look like squiggly wires
and twisted together on the ends. I'm sure I am going to cause quite a stir
when they body scan me. It's quite a lot of wire. I also have two silver
clips on my vas deferens in my scrotum, and I wonder what they'll say about
those. But the wires in my chest could look like some part of a device, or
wire that is holding something on to my body. I'll just go through the test
like anyone, and won't give them a clue, and see how they treat me. Maybe
I'll make the news.

Steve

Heart surgery pending?
Read up and prepare.
Learn how to care for a friend.
http://cabgbypasssurgery.com

They already popped somebody's urine bag with their grubby hands. He had
to travel **** soaked.

Let's all take a **** on the 4th amendment.

--
LSMFT