Posted to alt.home.repair
Frank[_13_] Frank[_13_] is offline

Default Looking forward to my first TSA search

On 11/21/2010 5:17 PM, Steve B wrote:
I had bypass surgery. I have several wires in me that were used to hold my
sternum and other things together. On x ray, they look like squiggly wires
and twisted together on the ends. I'm sure I am going to cause quite a stir
when they body scan me. It's quite a lot of wire. I also have two silver
clips on my vas deferens in my scrotum, and I wonder what they'll say about
those. But the wires in my chest could look like some part of a device, or
wire that is holding something on to my body. I'll just go through the test
like anyone, and won't give them a clue, and see how they treat me. Maybe
I'll make the news.

Steve

Probably nothing will show up. Xrays would have to penetrate and the
metal detectors, which you will probably go through, will not show these
things. I've got the chest wires plus a stainless steel plate with 5
screws on my collarbone and they don't get picked up.