Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Looking forward to my first TSA search

On Nov 21, 5:55*pm, Frank wrote:
On 11/21/2010 5:17 PM, Steve B wrote: I had bypass surgery. *I have several wires in me that were used to hold my
sternum and other things together. *On x ray, they look like squiggly wires
and twisted together on the ends. *I'm sure I am going to cause quite a stir
when they body scan me. *It's quite a lot of wire. *I also have two silver
clips on my vas deferens in my scrotum, and I wonder what they'll say about
those. *But the wires in my chest could look like some part of a device, or
wire that is holding something on to my body. *I'll just go through the test
like anyone, and won't give them a clue, and see how they treat me. *Maybe
I'll make the news.

Steve

Probably nothing will show up. *Xrays would have to penetrate and the
metal detectors, which you will probably go through, will not show these
things. *I've got the chest wires plus a stainless steel plate with 5
screws on my collarbone and they don't get picked up.

i have staples in my stomach and wands definetely can detect those
staples.

news reports show bones on these scanners in some years they will be
found to cause cancer....

I called USAIR saying i want to cancel my christmas trip, since
conditions of carriage have now changed.I bought my tickets before the
new rules were public.......

no dice non refundable is non refundable.