Posted to alt.home.repair

Default *FLUSH*

JimT wrote:

Didn't your comic-book voting instructions mention that he wasn't
running in this election?

Well...in a way he was. g

I think there is more going on here than just the economy. The
Democrats have a communication problem.

Communications problem? Well, yeah...

"You can keep the insurance policy you have" - then the press reports that
many insurance companies are dropping coverage; for example McDonalds
prepared to drop the "mini-med" policies they had for some 30,000 workers.

"Insurance companies can no longer deny coverage for pre-existing
condtions" - then the press reports that insurance companies are refusing to
write "children-only" policies (used by those whose employers insure only
their employees).

"Your insurance rates will go down" - then we see companies raising rates
north of 20% to cover mandated coverages.

"You coverage will improve" - then we see regulations prohibiting the use of
Medical Savings Accounts for OTC medicines.

So, yeah, the Democrats have a communications problem - the problem is that
the public simply doesn't believe them.

I wasn't surprised, but I sure was dissapointed with prop 19 and the
TX governors race. Look for Perry to run in 2012 for President.

Perry wasn't my first choice (but then I wasn't running), but as bad as
things are in Texas, we're way ahead of most of the other states. For
example, HALF of all new private-sector jobs created in the last two years
were created in Texas.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"HeyBub" wrote in message
JimT wrote:

[...]

My beef with Perry is over
http://videocafe.crooksandliars.com/...ation-death-pe

I'm not against the death penalty, but to kill a man for political purposes
is as despicable as it gets. He will do ANYTHING to get elected.

Jim

Posted to alt.home.repair

JimT wrote:
"HeyBub" wrote in message
JimT wrote:

[...]

Good point. Allow me to summarize the Willingham case. Three children were
killed in a house fire that the fire investigator found to be arson.
Willingham was convicted of their murder.

Some thought there was no arson and the situation percolated for many years.
Finally a commission was appointed to investigate the original fire. The
commission was believed to find that no arson was involved, but Perry
essentially dissolved the commission shortly before the scheduled execution
of Willingham.

Willingham was eventually executed and protested his innocence to the end.

A synopsis of the case can be found he
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cameron_Todd_Willingham

Posted to alt.home.repair

In article ,
HeyBub wrote:
...For
example, HALF of all new private-sector jobs created in the last two years
were created in Texas.

Does that come to 6 or 7?

Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT Texas home values fare better than most (was political puke labeled *FLUSH*)

"Robert Green" wrote in message
"HeyBub" wrote in message news:l-

political puke snipped, OT added to the subject, thread renamed and
moderately returned to home repair related topic

heh You were so repulsed you read 4 posts deep into the OT filth.

:-)

Jim

Posted to alt.home.repair

"HeyBub" wrote in message
m...
JimT wrote:
"HeyBub" wrote in message
JimT wrote:

[...]

Good summary. If Perry does run in 2012 we'll be hearing a lot more about
it.

They are already calling him President-elect in Austin.

Jim

Posted to alt.home.repair

"HeyBub" wrote in message

I think there is more going on here than just the economy. The
Democrats have a communication problem.

Communications problem? Well, yeah...

What, nothing about the fictional death panels? Why drop such an effective
bit of propaganda just because it too isn't true? You've never been bashful
about spinning moonbeams into for-sure claims before. Remind me again how
nobody in the Bush administration ever said getting Bin Laden was any kind
of goal.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Larry W wrote:
In article ,
HeyBub wrote:
...For
example, HALF of all new private-sector jobs created in the last two
years were created in Texas.

Does that come to 6 or 7?

"From December 1999 through December 2009, Texas added 724,300 net private
sector workers, a 9.30 percent total gain. For this same period, the nation
experienced a -1.41 percent loss in the number of private sector jobs."

http://www.mywesttexas.com/news/opin...011cb2eec.html

Posted to alt.home.repair

"JimT" wrote in message
net...

"Robert Green" wrote in message
"HeyBub" wrote in message news:l-

political puke snipped, OT added to the subject, thread renamed and
moderately returned to home repair related topic

heh You were so repulsed you read 4 posts deep into the OT filth.

:-)

Jim

Never said I was repulsed. I read along because sometimes you do find a
diamond ring when swamping out a french drain. So it is with threads.
Heybub at one time had questioned how consumer protection laws could have
effected the meltdown and I now had the time to respond but I didn't back
then.

The subject line was doubly trollish and deserving of note - it was a word
that COULD have something to do with home repair but didn't, nor did it have
OT in the subject heading. So what was your beef again? (-:

--
Bobby G.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Robert Green" wrote in message
"JimT" wrote in message
net...

[...]

"political puke snipped"

You like puke? Why did you snip it?

Jim

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 3 Nov 2010 18:02:52 -0500, "JimT" wrote:

"HeyBub" wrote in message
om...
JimT wrote:
"HeyBub" wrote in message
JimT wrote:

[...]

PBS, Frontline recently had a very good program on this. The initial
fire/labeled arson, was conducted by firemen. They are not trained
scientist or have formal science training related to arson. Arson
investigation has come along over the years.

Here is an excerpt: Death by Fire, Excerpt 2: New Arson Science

http://video.pbs.org/video/1612690098/

Full one hour show is he Death by Fire

http://video.pbs.org/video/1618590505/

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Nov 3, 3:12*pm, "HeyBub" wrote:
JimT wrote:

http://videocafe.crooksandliars.com/...delaying-inves...

I'm not against the death penalty, but to kill a man for political
purposes is as despicable as it gets. He will do ANYTHING to get
elected.

Good point. Allow me to summarize the Willingham case. Three children were
killed in a house fire that the fire investigator found to be arson.
Willingham was convicted of their murder.

Some thought there was no arson and the situation percolated for many years.
Finally a commission was appointed to investigate the original fire. The
commission was believed to find that no arson was involved, but Perry
essentially dissolved the commission shortly before the scheduled execution
of Willingham.

Willingham was eventually executed and protested his innocence to the end..

A synopsis of the case can be found hehttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cameron_Todd_Willingham

Frontline-- best program on TV -- did a documentary on that case very
recently.

I hadn't realized Perry's role in that judicial murder.-
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 4 Nov 2010 20:03:07 -0700 (PDT), Higgs Boson
wrote:

On Nov 3, 3:12*pm, "HeyBub" wrote:
JimT wrote:
"HeyBub" wrote in message
JimT wrote:

[...]

"Murder"? Perry dealt with the information he had at the time. The
fault was the arson investigators -- local firemen.

As I posted, arson investigation has become a science, not something
at that time in 1991.

Full one hour show is he Death by Fire

http://video.pbs.org/video/1618590505/

But I do get your point. Signing a Death Warrant is a tough job, for
anybody.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

On Nov 3, 3:12 pm, wrote:
JimT wrote:
wrote in message
JimT wrote:

[...]

I'll support a death penalty when we have capital punishment for any
felony committed by any public servant who takes an oath to uphold
the laws and constitution of this country. People with special powers,
privileges and immunities should get special punishment. The only
problem I see with it is that we would soon run out of politicians. 8-)

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

On Nov 3, 3:12 pm, "HeyBub" wrote:
JimT wrote:
"HeyBub" wrote in message
JimT wrote:

[...]

snip

The way I understand it, Perry had the investigator's evidence prior to the
execution, that completely exonerated Willingham, and Perry would not stay
the execution.

Jim

Posted to alt.home.repair

"JimT" wrote in message

"Robert Green" wrote in message
"JimT" wrote in message
net...

[...]

Snipped for being OT, for being sickening partisan sniping and for being
misleading about possibly being related to a plumbing problem with the title
"FLUSH." I get the feeling you're reaching hard for something more. Why
not say it in plain English instead of playing 20 questions?

--
Bobby G.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"JimT" wrote in message

"Robert Green" wrote in message
"JimT" wrote in message
net...

[...]

Pointing out your hypocrisy was hardly difficult.

Jim

Poor Flush Jen D UK diy 4 November 8th 07 12:41 PM
Central heating upgrade - to flush or not to flush? Mike UK diy 0 August 25th 07 11:58 AM
CMT flush trimming bit not flush -- need recommendations for replacementbit David Woodworking 9 October 21st 06 09:42 PM
Toilet flush handle to flush unit connection - What's the secret? Jonathan Telfer UK diy 2 August 6th 06 10:28 PM
Power flush Matthew UK diy 2 November 1st 05 10:16 PM