Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default *FLUSH*

On Thu, 4 Nov 2010 20:03:07 -0700 (PDT), Higgs Boson
wrote:

On Nov 3, 3:12*pm, "HeyBub" wrote:
JimT wrote:
"HeyBub" wrote in message
JimT wrote:

Didn't your comic-book voting instructions mention that he wasn't
running in this election?

Well...in a way he was. g

I think there is more going on here than just the economy. The
Democrats have a communication problem.

Communications problem? Well, yeah...

"You can keep the insurance policy you have" - then the press
reports that many insurance companies are dropping coverage; for
example McDonalds prepared to drop the "mini-med" policies they had
for some 30,000 workers. "Insurance companies can no longer deny coverage
for pre-existing
condtions" - then the press reports that insurance companies are
refusing to write "children-only" policies (used by those whose
employers insure only their employees).

"Your insurance rates will go down" - then we see companies raising
rates north of 20% to cover mandated coverages.

"You coverage will improve" - then we see regulations prohibiting
the use of Medical Savings Accounts for OTC medicines.

So, yeah, the Democrats have a communications problem - the problem
is that the public simply doesn't believe them.

I wasn't surprised, but I sure was dissapointed with prop 19 and the
TX governors race. Look for Perry to run in 2012 for President.

Perry wasn't my first choice (but then I wasn't running), but as bad
as things are in Texas, we're way ahead of most of the other states.
For example, HALF of all new private-sector jobs created in the last
two years were created in Texas.

My beef with Perry is over
http://videocafe.crooksandliars.com/...delaying-inves...

I'm not against the death penalty, but to kill a man for political
purposes is as despicable as it gets. He will do ANYTHING to get
elected.

Good point. Allow me to summarize the Willingham case. Three children were
killed in a house fire that the fire investigator found to be arson.
Willingham was convicted of their murder.

Some thought there was no arson and the situation percolated for many years.
Finally a commission was appointed to investigate the original fire. The
commission was believed to find that no arson was involved, but Perry
essentially dissolved the commission shortly before the scheduled execution
of Willingham.

Willingham was eventually executed and protested his innocence to the end.

A synopsis of the case can be found hehttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cameron_Todd_Willingham

Frontline-- best program on TV -- did a documentary on that case very
recently.

I hadn't realized Perry's role in that judicial murder.-

"Murder"? Perry dealt with the information he had at the time. The
fault was the arson investigators -- local firemen.

As I posted, arson investigation has become a science, not something
at that time in 1991.

Full one hour show is he Death by Fire

http://video.pbs.org/video/1618590505/

But I do get your point. Signing a Death Warrant is a tough job, for
anybody.