Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Need to tap off circuit for kitchen hi-hats

I had posted another thread a few days ago about an upcoming kitchen
reno. Here's another electrical question. As I said before I have to
run 4 new 20A Circuits to a panel.

1 circuit -Fridge
1 circuit -Microwave/Range Hood
2 circuits- Counter top outlets

Now I have to address the lighting issue. Presently I have one fixture
in the middle ( which is coming off a 20A bathroom circuit). I am
adding at least 4-6 hi-hats in addition to keeping the middle fixture.
My intention was after I tear down the walls and ceiling to re-wire
the lights the right way to an existing 15A lighting circuit, but in
the event I can't find one nearby, what are my options?

1-Keep it on the existing 20A bathroom circuit
2-Tap off one of the 4 circuits I'm running for the kitchen

The panel will be pretty full after running the 4 new circuits, so
running a seperate 15 A line is not an option.

spacing of hi-hats in new kitchen re-model Mikepier Home Repair 13 September 27th 07 07:50 PM
kitchen radial circuit Cuprager UK diy 7 April 24th 06 03:37 PM
Kitchen lights on ring circuit antgel UK diy 6 June 13th 05 09:40 AM
Kitchen Circuit mike Home Repair 7 February 28th 05 11:16 PM
Kitchen circuit Jim Green UK diy 10 December 16th 04 10:11 AM