Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Cork tiles

I am planning to install cork tiles in my half bath, which is only
about 30 squares. Have been searching the web and am ready to
purchase online. The question is, how important is the warranty. Are
these cork tiles easily damaged? Would be nice to avoid paying $150
for a five year warranty.

Any thought?

pax
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 26 Sep 2010 17:07:57 -0700 (PDT), packat wrote:

I am planning to install cork tiles in my half bath, which is only
about 30 squares. Have been searching the web and am ready to
purchase online. The question is, how important is the warranty. Are
these cork tiles easily damaged? Would be nice to avoid paying $150
for a five year warranty.

Any thought?

What does the warranty cover? What's your downside? Generally, these
warranties are useless and if anything cover only product defects, something
that is hard to prove. Without more information it's hard to say, though.
Were it me I wouldn't buy any warranty at $5/ft^2! (I assume you mean 1'
squares)
Posted to alt.home.repair

packat wrote:
I am planning to install cork tiles in my half bath, which is only
about 30 squares. Have been searching the web and am ready to
purchase online. The question is, how important is the warranty. Are
these cork tiles easily damaged? Would be nice to avoid paying $150
for a five year warranty.

Any thought?

pax

I would avoid cork tiles. It's a stupid material to make tiles with in
the first place.

--
LSMFT

I look outside this morning and everything was in 3D!

Cork tiles any good? Boothbay Home Repair 5 December 31st 06 07:33 PM
Cork floor tiles Mary Fisher UK diy 6 February 25th 06 09:53 PM
cork tiles onto ceramic tiles? Pete UK diy 1 April 29th 05 12:31 AM
Carpet on Cork Tiles BraileTrail UK diy 2 November 15th 04 09:00 PM
Removing Cork Tiles Anne Jackson UK diy 8 November 12th 03 08:08 PM