Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Cork tiles any good?

I saw a show On DIY a couple of weeks ago and they were showing the
installation of cork tiles. Looked easy and nice...but I did miss most
of that program. Could anyone recommend them for a bedroom or even the
kitchen?

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Boothbay" wrote in message
oups.com...
I saw a show On DIY a couple of weeks ago and they were showing the
installation of cork tiles. Looked easy and nice...but I did miss most
of that program. Could anyone recommend them for a bedroom or even the
kitchen?

installed them 15 years ago and still looks like new with a fresh coat of
poly every 5-8 years
nice and warm on the feet
looks great diagonal

Posted to alt.home.repair

stubbier wrote:
"Boothbay" wrote in message
oups.com...

I saw a show On DIY a couple of weeks ago and they were showing the
installation of cork tiles. Looked easy and nice...but I did miss most
of that program. Could anyone recommend them for a bedroom or even the
kitchen?

installed them 15 years ago and still looks like new with a fresh coat of
poly every 5-8 years
nice and warm on the feet
looks great diagonal

6 years ago did a bath and i am happy with it.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Boothbay wrote:
I saw a show On DIY a couple of weeks ago and they were showing the
installation of cork tiles. Looked easy and nice...but I did miss most
of that program. Could anyone recommend them for a bedroom or even the
kitchen?

There are a number of different versions. I am sitting in a room I used
some in right now. I think the results are great. Cork is a very long
lived material. It has been used for many years in high traffic commercial
areas. It is quiet, and comfortable. It also is a wee bit expensive, but
worth it IMO.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia 's Muire duit

Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

On Fri, 29 Dec 2006 19:07:33 -0500, "stubbier"
wrote:

"Boothbay" wrote in message
roups.com...
I saw a show On DIY a couple of weeks ago and they were showing the
installation of cork tiles. Looked easy and nice...but I did miss most
of that program. Could anyone recommend them for a bedroom or even the
kitchen?

installed them 15 years ago and still looks like new with a fresh coat of
poly every 5-8 years
nice and warm on the feet
looks great diagonal

Alternatively, you can just put the furniture down diagonally.

Or even easier, just face diagonally when you walk into the room.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Joseph Meehan wrote:
Boothbay wrote:
I saw a show On DIY a couple of weeks ago and they were showing the
installation of cork tiles. Looked easy and nice...but I did miss most
of that program. Could anyone recommend them for a bedroom or even the
kitchen?

There are a number of different versions. I am sitting in a room I used
some in right now. I think the results are great. Cork is a very long
lived material. It has been used for many years in high traffic commercial
areas. It is quiet, and comfortable. It also is a wee bit expensive, but
worth it IMO.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia 's Muire duit

i just caught a replay of that segment about installing cork flooring,
and yes it seems simple, but there were occasions where they had to do
some tricky measurements to fit awkward areas, and needless to say, the
proper tools...I only have the recent purchase of black and decker's
cordless handsaw...which can also be used with the same blades that one
uses their jig saw tool.

Cork floor tiles Mary Fisher UK diy 6 February 25th 06 09:53 PM
cork tiles onto ceramic tiles? Pete UK diy 1 April 29th 05 12:31 AM
Carpet on Cork Tiles BraileTrail UK diy 2 November 15th 04 09:00 PM
Removing Cork Tiles Anne Jackson UK diy 8 November 12th 03 08:08 PM
72 hours to acclimatise cork tiles - are they serious? David W.E. Roberts UK diy 2 August 12th 03 05:35 PM