Pete

Default cork tiles onto ceramic tiles?

I really want to put cork tiles down in my (tiny) kitchen. Good
colour, nice feel, won't break the glasses etc...

Does anybody (as they say) know of any good reason I can't stick them
down onto the existing horrible foot-square pink ceramics?

tia...pete
Owain

Pete wrote:
I really want to put cork tiles down in my (tiny) kitchen. Good
colour, nice feel, won't break the glasses etc...

And the 1970s is back in fashion now :-)

I remember a cork-on-concrete kitchen floor, it was great for all the
reasons you say; I remember plates bouncing.

Does anybody (as they say) know of any good reason I can't stick them
down onto the existing horrible foot-square pink ceramics?

Ooh, that sort of 1970s deserved to be corked over.

Only problem I forsee is if the ceramics have a fairly noticeable furrow
along the groutlines, especially if that coincides with a cork tile
edge. It might be a good idea to whizz over the floor with a bit of
filler first.

Used to be able to get cork sheet, which might be better in a smaller
kitchen.

Owain