Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Leaf vacuums

We are having fits with these little crab nebula stickerburrs that get into
our two newest rescue mutt's fur. They don't stick to the corgi, but these
other two are something else. It's a quarter to half an hour go get them
out, and they sting.

Yeah, I've been all over the yard to locate them, but half an acre takes
time, and they can sprout and produce in a few days.

I do not want to use Roundup, as we lost a dog to cancer, and the answer
will never be known if Roundup had anything to do with it or not.

I think they are picking them up from existing ones laying around, as I walk
all over searching for new sprouting plants, and they are easy to spot.

I am considering buying a vacuum, like a blower but in reverse. I've seen
them for leaves, but they clog. These burrs are 1/4" in diameter, and would
go right up the chute.

Anyone have any experience with these, good or bad? I would prefer a gas
model.

Steve

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sep 21, 1:13*am, "Steve B" wrote:
[...]

I remember those things. Frankly I would be surprised to find that a
leaf vacuum picks them up. A good boradleaf weeb killer would help
but half an acre is a lot to treat. I think you are supposed to keep
pets off for a day after any weed, fertilizer, or foliage control
applications.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Steve B wrote:

I do not want to use Roundup, as we lost a dog to cancer, and the
answer will never be known if Roundup had anything to do with it or
not.

Ignorance is not the best engine to drive a decision.

Ask Monsanto if Roundup causes cancer - I'm sure they'll give you the
straight skinny.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sep 21, 1:13*am, "Steve B" wrote:

I do not want to use Roundup,

Spot treat with a weed killer.

as we lost a dog to cancer, and the answer
will never be known if Roundup had anything to do with it or not.

Seems a stretch. I don't know if there are any studies regarding
eating cat **** and cancer.
-----

- gpsman