Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Slightly OT? Tow behind leaf vacuums

That time is approaching faster than I would prefer...

Anyone have either the cyclone rake or the tow-behind DR leaf vacuum.
I'm considering buying one or the other.

Have about 1.5 acres of lawn in middle of heavily wooded lot and get
*lots* of leaves. Some areas I can just mulch them with the tractor,
but it's hopeless in many sections unless I get out there every day
(not gonna happen). And if it rains, it's all over.

I have an old troy built chipper-vacuum that works pretty well, but
even with its good sized bag, I spend more time emptying the bag than
sucking up the leaves.

Interested in hearing from owners of either (or other brands) about
how well it works, any problems, etc.

I found one detailed review of the cyclone rake, but not much out
there on the DR unit.

TIA,

Paul Franklin

(you know what to leave out)