Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Are you satisfied with your electric service?

I got a call today that showed up as "Private Caller" on my caller ID.
He claimed he was from the County Electric Membership Corporation. I
don't know if the call was ligit or not, but the guy asked if I was
satisfied with my current service. That seems odd since it is the
only choice I have. Anyway, I don't give much time to calls I don't
initiate myself.
When he asked if I was happy with my service, I asked...what choice to
I have? You can lower my bill if you like. He ended the call.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Metspitzer wrote:
I got a call today that showed up as "Private Caller" on my caller ID.
He claimed he was from the County Electric Membership Corporation. I
don't know if the call was ligit or not, but the guy asked if I was
satisfied with my current service. That seems odd since it is the
only choice I have. Anyway, I don't give much time to calls I don't
initiate myself.
When he asked if I was happy with my service, I asked...what choice to
I have? You can lower my bill if you like. He ended the call.

could have been selling solar installations

Posted to alt.home.repair

Metspitzer wrote:
I got a call today that showed up as "Private Caller" on my caller ID.
He claimed he was from the County Electric Membership Corporation. I
don't know if the call was ligit or not, but the guy asked if I was
satisfied with my current service. That seems odd since it is the
only choice I have. Anyway, I don't give much time to calls I don't
initiate myself.
When he asked if I was happy with my service, I asked...what choice to
I have? You can lower my bill if you like. He ended the call.

I've been getting letters from a company that supplies electricity.
Claims that I can save up to 14% compared to what my (only) local
company charges here in central New Jersey.

Nothing about solar, wind or anything exotic. Maybe they are just
operating in a low-tax state and passing those savings on to us
potential companies. Requires an 18-month contract.

Your call may have been legit. If so, the caller should have been eager
to answer your questions.

Ray
Posted to alt.home.repair

Metspitzer wrote:
I got a call today that showed up as "Private Caller" on my caller ID.
He claimed he was from the County Electric Membership Corporation. I
don't know if the call was ligit or not, but the guy asked if I was
satisfied with my current service. That seems odd since it is the
only choice I have. Anyway, I don't give much time to calls I don't
initiate myself.
When he asked if I was happy with my service, I asked...what choice to
I have? You can lower my bill if you like. He ended the call.

They are not in business to sell less and lower their profit.

--
LSMFT

I look outside this morning and everything was in 3D!
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Metspitzer" wrote in message
I got a call today that showed up as "Private Caller" on my caller ID.
He claimed he was from the County Electric Membership Corporation. I
don't know if the call was ligit or not, but the guy asked if I was
satisfied with my current service. That seems odd since it is the
only choice I have. Anyway, I don't give much time to calls I don't
initiate myself.
When he asked if I was happy with my service, I asked...what choice to
I have? You can lower my bill if you like. He ended the call.

You may have a choice.
Some states allows you to select your electric supplier. The present
utility company remains as the delivery service, but you can change
generators. I'm saving around 2¢ a kW by changing and I use 600 to 800
kW/hr a month. Costs you nothing to change, so shy not save a few bucks a
month if available?

Perhaps you state has choice or they want to bring it in, thus a survey.
Or it may be a scam.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Sev Sev is offline

On Sep 9, 9:25*pm, "Ed Pawlowski" wrote:
[...]

This is exactly the situation where I am- downstate NY. I recently
switched to an all-renewable (25% wind, 75% small hydro) run by a
legit operator (probably gets some subsidies) at .01/kwh saving from
my current supplier (probably mostly coal based). But there are
scammers in the business also. A year ago one tried to persuade my
wife to switch us over- but when I checked them out I saw large
volume of complaints.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 09 Sep 2010 16:59:36 -0400, Metspitzer
wrote:

I got a call today that showed up as "Private Caller" on my caller ID.
He claimed he was from the County Electric Membership Corporation. I
don't know if the call was ligit or not, but the guy asked if I was
satisfied with my current service. That seems odd since it is the
only choice I have.

You sure? Most areas have a choice-- though the old carrier will
still supply the poles & drop- but you can pay someone else for the
actual power. I doubt it saves much- but it might in some areas.

OTOH- maybe the company got a bum list of who could use them. I keep
getting solicited to change my Nat. Gas supplier-- which would be fine
if I could get NG for less than 3times the cost of my house.

Anyway, I don't give much time to calls I don't
initiate myself.

I don't even answer them if I don't recognize the caller. They can
leave a message if it is important & I'll call *them* when I feel like
it.

When he asked if I was happy with my service, I asked...what choice to
I have? You can lower my bill if you like. He ended the call.

Time Warner stopped by [yup- a guy in a suit with a clip-board knocked
on my door] a couple years ago and told me what I was paying Verizon
for my phone. They offered me better service at 1/2 the cost for the
first 6 months-- then it would go up to about 80% of what I was paying
Verizon.

The first bill I got was even lower than the guy had said it would
be-- and it still hasn't gone up. I've often wondered how they could
know what Verizon was charging-- but could accurately predict what
they would charge me..

Jim
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sep 9, 4:59*pm, Metspitzer wrote:
I got a call today that showed up as "Private Caller" on my caller ID.
He claimed he was from the County Electric Membership Corporation. *I
don't know if the call was ligit or not, but the guy asked if I was
satisfied with my current service. *That seems odd since it is the
only choice I have. *Anyway, I don't give much time to calls I don't
initiate myself. *
When he asked if I was happy with my service, I asked...what choice to
I have? *You can lower my bill if you like. *He ended the call.

And you posted this because...?

Ever had that satisfied feeling with overkill ? Jethro UK diy 19 June 9th 07 04:09 AM
Electric Service jude Home Repair 5 February 12th 07 12:23 AM
Satisfied customer: Steve Wall Lumber Mark & Juanita Woodworking 22 January 5th 07 05:33 AM
Straw Poll "Are you satisfied with hot water from a combi boiler" Dave Fawthrop UK diy 289 September 24th 05 11:17 PM