Posted to alt.home.repair
Rebel1 Rebel1 is offline

Default Are you satisfied with your electric service?

Metspitzer wrote:
I got a call today that showed up as "Private Caller" on my caller ID.
He claimed he was from the County Electric Membership Corporation. I
don't know if the call was ligit or not, but the guy asked if I was
satisfied with my current service. That seems odd since it is the
only choice I have. Anyway, I don't give much time to calls I don't
initiate myself.
When he asked if I was happy with my service, I asked...what choice to
I have? You can lower my bill if you like. He ended the call.

I've been getting letters from a company that supplies electricity.
Claims that I can save up to 14% compared to what my (only) local
company charges here in central New Jersey.

Nothing about solar, wind or anything exotic. Maybe they are just
operating in a low-tax state and passing those savings on to us
potential companies. Requires an 18-month contract.

Your call may have been legit. If so, the caller should have been eager
to answer your questions.

Ray