Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Toilet Flushing Mystery

On Sat, 04 Sep 2010 11:42:43 -0700, Bob Villa wrote:

On Sep 3, 3:41Â*pm, Hugh Jassolle wrote:

There is usually a water outlet out of sight that initiates the siphon
on a siphon toilet. It raises the water level in the siphon to above
the top of the S.

I have a Mansfield toilet and besides the siphon jet there is another
jet under the rim (front, right side only) that contributes nearly as
much as the rim jets to the total volume delivered to the bowl. This
jet also is likely to get clogged with sediment.

Roger that. Both squish the waste and water column in the siphon S
together so there is no space between them making the siphon action
as best it can be. Gee we all learnt how a toilet werks! A siphon-less
toilet requires only the bowl fill aggressively to flush. This can get a
little messy if you know what I mean. I had the chance while in Europe to
use an old style Water Closet commode. The one with the tank high on the
wall. Talk about needing to wipe your ass after you flushed it if you
didn't flush standing up. I was warned forehand luckily.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sep 3, 3:41*pm, Hugh Jassolle wrote:

[...]

When I was very young I remember an apartment I visited had the tank
high on the bathroom wall with a pull-chain. I don't recall it
flushing any different though.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 4 Sep 2010 04:47:00 -0700 (PDT), "
wrote:

muriatic acid will fix that just fine and cheap too.........

Add the addendum: If a septic system, neutralize the acid in the bowl
and then flush.

OP went missing.

What's the best flushing toilet in the UK No Name UK diy 47 April 14th 09 02:42 PM
toilet not flushing trailer[_2_] Home Repair 3 June 13th 08 11:33 PM
Toilet - not flushing [email protected] UK diy 13 November 26th 06 11:40 PM
toilet not flushing BB4LTC Home Repair 7 April 21st 06 04:26 AM
Toilet flushing problem [difficult flushing-possible vent problem] [email protected] Home Ownership 4 March 19th 05 10:30 AM