Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Removing paint stain

How can i remove stains that were left on my ceiling after removing painters
tape ?

--
Dell Inspiron
Pentium dual-core 2.2 GHz

Posted to alt.home.repair

"desgnr" wrote in message

How can i remove stains that were left on my ceiling after removing

painters
tape ?

1. If the painters applied and removed the tape, they are also
responsible for removing marks.
2. If the tape was yours, it would be fastest to identify its maker
and ask which solvent works best. Various adhesives are
used. Green masking tape is advertised as being removable
without leaving adhesive stains.

--
Don Phillipson
Carlsbad Springs

Posted to alt.home.repair

desgnr wrote:
How can i remove stains that were left on my ceiling after removing
painters tape ?

I can't imagine a stain being cause from painters' tape. I would expect
that what is showing is either the old coat of paint (new layer of paint
pulled off when tape removed?) or a piece of tape that got stuck because
it was left in place until the paint dried. what kind of paint?
Describe the stain, please.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Aug 20, 4:50*pm, "desgnr" wrote:
How can i remove stains that were left on my ceiling after removing painters
tape ?

--
Dell Inspiron
Pentium dual-core 2.2 GHz
2 GB DDR2 SDRAM
Windows Vista Home Premium SP1

Tape doesnt leave stains, probably it removed the newest layer of paint
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Aug 20, 5:50*pm, "desgnr" wrote:
How can i remove stains that were left on my ceiling after removing painters
tape ?

What sort of stain ?

Painter's tape has special glue so it won't destroy the wall finish
unless it
is left on for weeks or months longer than necessary...

It sounds like you didn't press the tape onto the surface properly and
had
paint leak around the tape... Or you cut in with much more paint than
was
needed and it bled into the tape even though you pressed the tape on
properly because of the excessive amount of paint you used cutting
in...

If you put painter's tape on a wall that was recently painted and had
not
yet fully dried, the tape can and will pull that new paint layer right
off the
wall when you remove the tape... The directions on the painter's tape
warn of this...

Please tell us more about the "stains" so that we can figure out what
you did incorrectly and give you advice on how to prevent the mistake
in the future...

Your only way to remove any "stains" at present is to paint more coats
on the surface that is stained until you can no longer see the
"stains"...

~~ Evan

Posted to alt.home.repair

The stain is not from the blue tape.
What happened is when i was cutting in i accidently painted past the tape &
i immediately wiped the excess paint off with a dampened paper towel .
I probally didn"t get it all off completely ,after it dried & i removed the
tape i see a light of coat that was left on the ceiling & now that it is dry
can i get it off ?
"Evan" wrote in message
On Aug 20, 5:50 pm, "desgnr" wrote:
[...]

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Aug 20, 9:30*pm, "desgnr" wrote:
The stain is not from the blue tape.
What happened is when i was cutting in i accidently painted past the tape &
i immediately wiped the excess paint off with a dampened paper towel .
I probally didn"t get it all *off completely ,after it dried & i removed the
tape i see a light of coat that was left on the ceiling & now that it is dry

LOL... No...

You need to repaint the wall or ceiling area carefully to cover over
your
mistake...

Next time you need to put more tape or use the painting tape with the
attached poly strips because you were not careful enough cutting in...

~~ Evan

Posted to alt.home.repair

desgnr wrote:
The stain is not from the blue tape.
What happened is when i was cutting in i accidently painted past the
tape & i immediately wiped the excess paint off with a dampened paper
towel . I probally didn"t get it all off completely ,after it dried & i
removed the tape i see a light of coat that was left on the ceiling &
now that it is dry can i get it off ?

That's paint, not a stain. The easiest thing is to touch it up with the ceiling
paint.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Anything that would remove the wall paint will also remove the ceiling paint
so you have to cover it up with more ceiling paint.

If you didn't paint the ceiling you may now have to repaint the entire
ceiling because your touch up may not match even if you use the same paint
from the same can the originally painted it.

"Evan" wrote in message
On Aug 20, 5:50 pm, "desgnr" wrote:
[...]

Posted to alt.home.repair

desgnr wrote:
The stain is not from the blue tape.
What happened is when i was cutting in i accidently painted past the
tape & i immediately wiped the excess paint off with a dampened paper
towel .
I probally didn"t get it all off completely ,after it dried & i removed
the tape i see a light of coat that was left on the ceiling & now that
it is dry can i get it off ?

It's possible that you can wash off the newer paint without harming the
old paint underneath....if the new paint has not "cured". Hot water and
some Formula 409 has worked for me. Need to be very careful, but if it
is a small area it will likely work.

Removing stain from oak John Martin Woodworking 6 February 16th 09 08:47 PM
Removing stain desgnr Home Repair 1 May 20th 08 03:21 PM
Best stuff for removing stain (paint) JR[_2_] Home Repair 2 September 20th 07 09:00 PM
removing bleach stain from oak [email protected] Woodworking 4 December 2nd 06 07:16 AM
Removing a stain cakbusservices Home Repair 1 April 18th 06 08:30 PM